Print

Author Topic: The Rat Cellar  (Read 25150 times)

« on: October 25, 2007, 01:09:30 AM »
Seeing as Guitar Hero III hits on Sunday and people have been clogging up other threads with GH talk, we really need a thread for GH-related banter!

First of all, if you haven't already, you can sign-up on www.guitarhero.com and join our group, Feeding Me Bread. When we're in the same group, we can compare scores and such across platforms.

I played the 5-song demo from Xbox Live and each song rocked hard. Neversoft done 'er good. I 5-starred them all first try. ^_^

I was looking at the achievements, and a scary amount of them require playing through the entire career (with stuff like being the 2nd player or using Lefty mode or using the freaking controller). There are also three or so that involve winning 15 consecutive ranked online matches! Make sure to try to do these before your TrueSkill gets high and you have to face good people.

The game also contains the second-evilest achievement I have ever seen. You must play and beat a developer of the game. As seen here, said devs will only be playing from 6-9 PM EST Nov. 2 Friday. I will pray to Apollo every day that I manage to earn this achievement. Failure will result in not being able to 1000/1000 GH3 ever.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »
I really wish I had a 360. No, LD, I'm not going to go steal one like you suggested.

I'm probably going to be stuck with the PS2 version, unless my dad continues with his stupid idea that my siblings and I want SingStar more than GHIII (which is incorrect, because it seems like my siblings don't care about music games at all, and I would much rather play pretend guitar on 70 songs than not-pretend sing on 36), in which case it'll be an even longer wait (and I wasn't even going to be able to own the game until Christmas at the earliest, anyway). I might be able to get one of my friends to let me borrow it if his parents will get over their stupid thing about borrowing games...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »
Despite having owned Guitar Hero 1 & 2 ever since they came out, I've only recently begun to become obsessed with it due to my quest to master Hard mode. Eventually, I plan to get 100% on every single song on Expert. Yeah.

By the way,

The game also contains the second-evilest achievement I have ever seen. You must play and beat a developer of the game. As seen here, said devs will only be playing from 6-9 PM EST Nov. 2 Friday. I will pray to Apollo every day that I manage to earn this achievement. Failure will result in not being able to 1000/1000 GH3 ever.

That's just cruel. I know a friend that would do literally anything for even a chance to get that Achievement.
every

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
Actually, I have been talking to some people more knowledgable about 360 than I, and they say that other games have had achievements like this and if you beat someone who has the achievement, you also get it. So it spreads virally and becomes very widespread.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 05:13:29 PM »
Yeah, I've heard of achievements like that in F.E.A.R. and Tony Hawk's Project 8. Viral achievements rewl.

By the way, out of curiosity, I noticed you said "second-evilest". What's the most-evilest-est?
every

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
Robotron: 2084 has an achievement to get in the top 5 on the leaderboard.

That's right, top 5 in the world.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 09:58:03 PM »
I heard one of the Tiger Woods achievements was to be ranked Number 1 on the tour.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 08:23:06 AM »
I'm still waiting for LD to accept my request to join Feeding Me Bread.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
I tried to join, but was told I was not allowed to join at this time.  The site was very slow then I got a 404.  BTW, I'm getting the Wii version. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 04:15:49 PM »
Mr. Melee and Luigison have been accepted into Feeding Me Bread.

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »

On my way home, a Pedobear lept into the street in front of my car. Why did Activision have to release on Halloween party weekend? :)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »
Full Throttle! My playing-games-at-3:00am drink of choice, along with corn chips.
every

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 10:26:14 AM »
Lizard Dude how is it?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 07:00:41 PM »
I got it today, but only had time to play three songs.  My scores weren't that good though.  It's hard to be a rock star while baby sitting.  Anyway, I used the link code, but my stuff isn't showing up on the website yet.  I guess I have to connect to Nintendo Wifi from the game again.  Also, what is the phone jack on the guitar for?  I didn't see it mentioned in the book. 

Edit:  Site is updating now.  My friend code is 356596997392.  I just played Sunshine Of Your Love (with the volume low since everyone else is asleep), and I can't believe I missed a note on easy.  I see that LD went straight for expert.  I'm starting at easy and going through all levels to prolong my time with the game.  BTW, I like how they use the Wiimote speaker.  It really threw me when I made my first mistake. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:08:54 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 09:11:14 PM »
I'm guessing that the scoretracking is for PS3/360 only, so, being a PS2 player, I'm left out. I guess you'll just have to take my word that I got a gajillion points and 100% on every song on Expert.
every

Print