Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 225292 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »
You know, I think my subconscious has a rather unhealthy obsession with lava. Why must my brain torture me with that stuff?!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »
I hate it when I realize I'm dreaming, and I try to wake myself up but I can't.
Like, a long time ago, I had a dream where I was in my basement using a sword to fight bad guys with the Power Rangers. In retrospect, that would have been a totally awesome dream, but for some reason I was scared. So I tried to wake myself up and I couldn't.

Man, do I ever hate those dreams. They're just so weird. You can feel yourself trying to move, but your [part of the brain that controls sleeping] keeps your body unconscious. It's very weird, and I hope I'll understand it one day.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2007, 10:38:06 PM »
Y'know what I hate? Dreams where you wake up and start your day, in your dream. Then you wake up, and you have to do it all over again, but for real. Of course, maybe the "dream" is actually waking up, and everything else is a dream...but it's still the same scenario, so it's still annoying.
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2007, 01:19:33 AM »
I had a dream where I was trapped in a Youtube Poop, and this awful techno music kept playing until I woke up.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2007, 02:12:22 AM »
Yesterday I woke up with a terrible nosebleed, likely the result of the sudden onslaught of dry, cold air. The worst part was the dream I was having when I woke up: I was doing some random thing in an attic, when I suddenly had to keep gulping, or else I couldn't breathe. Turns out I was swallowing blood, not just in the dream, but in reality.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2007, 11:23:07 AM »
I woke up at 6 AM this morning quite unrefreshed so I decided to go back to sleep. As I slowly drifted off my thoughts and dreams became one. I had an extremely rare, (for me) if not brief, lucid dream.

I first realized I was in a dream state and not just thinking about things when there was a Smash Brothers style battle going on in a grocery store where I used to work. At first it was Game & Watch vs. Link; they fought in front of rows of carts, as a stage hazard the carts would back out into the field of battle and become obstructions. As the short battle went on G&W morphed into Young Link. At first he just started to make Young Link vocalizations (in the dream I consciously thought that was weird and that the game was glitching, my ability to really think was my first hint at lucidity), then the moves, then the body came. After the Young Link appeared I realized I was dreaming. I looked around, away from the battle. I was in my room and had been looking at my television, I wasn't actually a "real" spectator in the game. At this point I realized I was having a dream and aware of it at the same time.

I remember reading about lucid dreams and that they say if you look at your hands in a dream they will be doing something weird or will look strange. I looked at my hands to find that they were only palms. My fingers were missing. In the dream I groaned "Oh God" at the horror of it. But being aware that I was in a dream some what lessened the nightmarish quality of the discovery.

This is the strange part.

I looked back at the screen to find nothing but static. I thought to myself that I can do anything in this dream. Instead of thinking about it and going on an awesome flying adventure around the world/through space, I closed my eyes and thought really hard, "I can do ANYTHING I WANT."; expecting something miraculous to happen. Instead when I wrenched open my eyes I opened my real world eyes too. For about three seconds I stared with my eyes half open. In the lower half of my vision where my eyelid had departed I saw my real bedroom wall. On the upper half of my vision where the eyelid still covered my eye I still saw the glow of my dream television.

I would have closed my eyes and attempted to keep dreaming, which I think may have been possible, but I saw a rather large spider on my real world wall. I concentrated on the lower half of my vision to decide for sure if I was seeing this spider (it was dark in the room, the spider was the color of the wall). I decided I could and had a brief struggle to wake up. Eventually the dream let go and I was able to fully open my eyes. I quickly grabbed a notebook lying beside my bed and smashed the wall where the spider had been. When I pulled back the notebook no sign of the spider could be found. Whether it had been a figment of dream escaping into my real world vision or it had simply moved when I turned to get the notebook I do not know.

I got up, sat on the edge of my bed and mourned for the adventures I could have had in my lucid dream.

P.S.: The thing with me accidentally waking myself up was worse than it seems because wrenching my eyes closed, screaming in my mind, and then opening my eyes is a trick I've successfully used to wake myself from a dream countless times in my life. I should have known better :(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 08:30:43 PM by TEM »

« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »
I cannot believe that post didn't turn into Fresh Prince.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2007, 05:14:41 PM »
I had this weird dream last n... this morning. I was in this creepy town that seemed kind of primitive, and there was this huge maze-like graveyard. The graveyard was at least three times the size of the town itself. But, instead of burying the dead people, they would prop them up in poses and wait until they had rotted away enough, and would encase the skeleton in colored clay to make them into statues. But then the freshly-dead people turned into zombies and I had to burn them with a flamethrower. I didn't destroy them all so I assume the people of the town all became zombies too; I escaped through some underground passageway.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2007, 05:42:02 PM »
That sounds sort of like a dream I would have. Unfortunately, being home, people always interrupt my sleep, so I can't quite remember dreams I have. At least, not enough to make a retelling from.

I recently had a dream where G-man was running/oppressing this town, where the poor people hid in this virtual reality sector. My cousin Allie lived there, for some reason. I don't remember much more than falling down the center of a tall stairwell, landing safely. I also remember some sort of secret path and actions that let me into the secret sector.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:44:29 PM by Suffix »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2007, 10:04:42 PM »
I'd like to think I have a very bizarre mind, deep down. Lucid dreaming? Yeah, I've done it every now and then, but--ironically--I can't really control when I am allowed to dream lucidly. Still, when I do, you'd think I could do whatever, right? Well, each dream has its own set of rules and state of mind my thoughts are currently in; thus, aside from just running around, I can't shoot webs like Spider-Man or conjure supermodels or anything like that (semi-)consciously. Sometimes, though, it comes in handy: One time, I think these aliens guys were going to try to implant an alien egg in me--fortunately, I "woke up" and got out of there. Besides, when I shift into lucid mode, I know that means it won't be long before I wake up for real, so maybe my lack of interesting lucid experiences is due in part to panic over running out of time...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
A common theme of bad dreams I have usually consist of either things falling from the sky that kill people, things that come from the ground (such as magma/lava) that kill people, or insect/arachnid infestations.

The latter are more common for me, just the other night I dreamt a huge amount of insects had gotten into most of our food, and a huge worm was crawling in our ice cream (I found out while eating it).

Also, bees. They seem to be separate from my other bad dreams involving insects.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »
Whoa. In a bizarre coincidence, I had a dream this morning where a enormous centipede (one of the types you find in the rain forest, with the long, fairly spaced legs) was attached to the waistline of my shirt. It was very distressing. That's all I can remember, however.

« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »
In a bizarre coincidence, I was thinking about common themes of my bad dreams this morning and realized that I dream a lot about realizing I've forgotten a class I had registered for and am now horribly failing it, being halfway through the semester. I don't think I had realized that I've dreamt this multiple times until today.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2008, 03:50:36 PM »
I was having a dream this morning that my mom had developed a habit of scattering 100 purple coins across the house every day, in slightly different locations each time, and suddenly the whole family was at a theme park collecting the coins (except there were suddenly 165 to find). I got on a roller coaster-type thing, except it was a racing one with about six or seven tracks, and it was one of those little single-rail ones and didn't go very high, and apparently the park was meant to illustrate Nintendo's business strategy, representing the problem of the decreasing number of gamers by having the tracks end one at a time. I was on the one that lasted the longest, I think, except I was also watching it from a few feet away, but still feeling it, and I think I was a woman. Well, I wasn't a woman, but there was only one person on the car, and it was simultaneously me and a woman. And then I turned and saw my dad grabbing purple coins out of the air. And then there was a fire drill. In real life.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »
In a bizarre coincidence, I was thinking about common themes of my bad dreams this morning and realized that I dream a lot about realizing I've forgotten a class I had registered for and am now horribly failing it, being halfway through the semester. I don't think I had realized that I've dreamt this multiple times until today.
I had a similar dream during high school, I read my report card and saw a class I was failing, and I forgot I registered for that class, so the next day I went in and apologized profusely about forgetting to attend the class.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print