Print

Author Topic: Fungi High  (Read 119214 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #540 on: November 05, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »
Ooh, this looks to be interesting.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #541 on: November 05, 2007, 07:48:44 PM »
Couldn't you just go back and read the story you posted? Then maybe make a new topic for a fresh start?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #542 on: November 05, 2007, 09:14:46 PM »
Nah. I gotta keep it on the same topic, for the sake of history. As for rereading...I've pretty much got it down, I remember a lot more now.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #543 on: November 05, 2007, 10:13:53 PM »
Hehe, he made out with her best friend. Great going :D
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #544 on: November 06, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
So, El Lavador's a cokehead...that's NOTHING compared the secret revealed in this next chapter. Prepare yourselves, you readers!

Chapter Two – Some Place Named Hyrule
Ted scanned his world history class for friends. He recognized Bud Wig, who over the summer had supposedly vandalized the Fungi Town capitol building and paid the time. He also saw Yo Lyngrio, El Lavador’s sophomore apprentice, who was just as much of a cokehead as his overlord. He also spotted Kay Hold, who he had a crush on the previous year. Jay was also in the class, luckily, and Ted had obviously already spotted him. They sat together towards the back.

“What do you think world history will be like, Ted?”

“I don’t know,” Ted replied honestly, “I’m just glad we aren’t learning about the Mushroom Kingdom anymore. I know enough about Mario’s impact on our society for my head to explode!”

“I bet we’ll learn about some cool places.”

“Be quiet,” Mr. L. Son announced, “welcome to world history. We will be breaking across Mushroom borders to learn about lands you may or may not have heard of before.”

Some students fidgeted.

“Take some notes,” Mr. L. Son commanded, “I will be lecturing about Hyrule, a land almost completely across the globe from us, even though it's just islands now.”

The next hour Ted was captivated from stories about a hero of time, and some evil man named Gannondorf. He learned about tribes such as the Zoras and Dekus who inhabited different parts of Hyrule.

After all this amazement Mr. L. Son said, “Bell should be ringing in a few minutes, tomorrow we will continue and learn about the hero of winds.”

“That was cool,” exclaimed Ted, “let’s go, Jay.”

But Jay sat their motionless. His eyes read of confusion and wonder.

“Jay,” Ted pressed, “what on earth is wrong?”

“Link,” Jay whispered, “my Grandmother always talks about him. She says we’re decendants.”

Ted mused, “that means you’re…you’re Hyrulian!”

“Yeah, but it never meant anything to me when my parents told me. And that sword…”

“You mean the Master Sword?”

“It’s up in our attic.” 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:11:06 PM by Ambulance Y »

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #545 on: November 06, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »
Well this is very nice! First seeing this story and its author coming back to the limelight (hah, I didn't use the Zeppelin reference this time), and now an interesting mixing of worlds. Very clever. Glad to be reading it again!

Oh, and you mentioned characters. Well, my character was Vincent Melee, and then Mushroom Mage (Kojinka), Thrasher (?), and Jay (Jman) were part of the Poison Mushroom Academy. Seeing the band back together would be great! And, funny thing. Now I'm a guitarist/bassist hybrid in real life, and started as the bassist for PMA. Anyways, try to get the band to perform sometime. I bet you could make some kind of interesting plot twist come of that.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #546 on: November 06, 2007, 11:19:50 PM »
Thrasher = Masher101, fyi.

Heh, I had to reread the "You're Hyrulian" part... I thought you were referencing yourself! Still, that's quite the plot twist, and one I didn't see coming. Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 03:26:54 AM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #547 on: November 07, 2007, 11:37:10 PM »
Wow...so I'm related to the Hero of Time?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #548 on: November 08, 2007, 04:36:37 PM »
Golly, I am rolling out these chapters like never before! After this one we're off the Zelda theme. But I didn't just bring it up for no reason, it might come back at the end...possibly...FORESHADOW.

Chapter Three – Some Place Named Hyrule Pt. 2After the first day of antagonizing stress, Ted felt it was nice to have a friend by his side. Jay and Ted were walking in the blistering late-August heat to Jay’s house. Ted was about to lay eyes on the Master Sword itself!

“Here it is,” Jay crooned as they approached a large brick house.

Jay swung open the door and walked in. The household’s air was masked with the smells of warm food. It smelled delicious.

“Who’s there?!”

“Mother, it’s just me and a friend,” Jay replied.

“Is it one of those wretched Mushroom types?”

“Mother, we’ve lived here for a few years now. Haven’t you got used to the people here?”

“Heavens me, no,” screeched a short, pudgy, foreign-looking lady who waddled out of what appeared to be the kitchen, “you can’t trust these barbarians. All they do is lie and cheat!”

She stopped in her tracks and gave Ted a nasty look.

“We’re going to go study,” Jay said uncertainly, and tugged on Ted’s arm as they flew up the stairs.

Once they were upstairs and out of earshot, Jay muttered, “we’re not really going to study, it’s just that my mother would resent the fact that a ‘Mushroom type’ was in the presence of her heirloom.”

They were in the upstairs hallway. A small cord hung down from the ceiling. Jay tugged it and a ladder descended. The stench of antiques and forgotten memories wafted unto Jay and Ted’s unwilling noses. Jay silently motioned Ted up.

“I was wondering,” Ted whispered as they reached the attic landing, “why were you so stunned today in world history when you have a constant reminder of your heritage, your mom, always screaming in your ear?”

“I’ve programmed her out,” Jay said simply.

They approached a dusty display surrounded by ancient cushions, probably for viewing. There it lay, in all of its splendor. There was the gleaming metal, the violet handle, and a certain aura of power that intoxicated both Ted and Jay.

“Do you think this will be a good year?” Ted asked hazily, overcome by his amazement.

“I think it will be a good year, Ted.”

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #549 on: November 08, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »
Good good good! Keep 'em coming!

« Reply #550 on: November 14, 2007, 10:22:05 PM »
Great! Keep at it!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #551 on: November 21, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »
So, after a triumph comeback, Ambulance Y has quit the story again? Come on, man, make it happen! Reading this story always gives me a boost after a hard day at high school.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #552 on: November 22, 2007, 01:26:03 AM »
I never gave up again! It's been like a week. I've been meaning to get on it. After the many times I've left this story I don't think I should again.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »
Here's a new (slightly short) new chapter.

Chapter Four – Lavador’s Bag
It had been weeks since Ted’s discovery of Jay’s secret ancestry. The late summer had molded into the early fall, and a chill had blanketed over Fungi Town. For Ted, school had been consistently normal, until a particularly eventful October morning.

Ted and Patricia sat against the cold lockers. They were giggling.

“You really should do it,” Patricia snorted, “I’d make my day.”

“Here he is,” Ted chortled, “and here I go”

Patricia watched as El Lavador stumbled into the main foyer of Fungi High, and Ted pushed himself off the ground. Ted briskly walked over and plunged his hand into the pocket of El Lavador’s baggy jacket. Luckily, his fingers closed around a small bag, which he hoped would have happened. He yanked his hang out, stared into Lavador’s confused face and shouted, “Baby lost his dope!”

Ted grinned and skipped across the foyer, clutching the dimebag in his hand.

“Baby lost his dooope! Baby lost his dooope!”

El Lavador still stood there confused, probably due to the fact that he was zonked out of his skull. And Ted was having the laughing fit of his life. He continued skipping. Skip, skip, skip, right into a large barrier that he was unaware of.

Ted simply heard and felt the smack of flesh on flesh and looked up, into the glaring eyes of the principal.

« Reply #554 on: November 27, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »
Quick! Get some pudding cups, Ted!
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Print