Print

Author Topic: Frozen Synapse  (Read 3901 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »
This game's been out for a bit now, but I'm only just buying it now (it's on sale on Steam right now for $12.50). It's a cool-looking simultaneous turn-based strategy game. For those who don't know what that means, it involves both players taking their turn at the same time; each player gives their orders, and then once both have hit the execution button, they see how it works out.

The cool thing is, when you buy the game, regardless of which channel you buy it through, you receive a second copy to give to a friend. Which is why I'm posting this here now.

Whoever can give me the best reason why I should give them a free copy of this game gets it. PM your answers. (Alternatively, if you buy Minecraft this weekend and gift me your free copy you can have my free copy of this.) Regardless of what you do, I'll need your Steam ID if I don't already have you as a friend on there.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »
You should gift it to me because I play video games and would actually play this game (at least once) with you.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:13:04 PM »
Just a heads-up: I'll be sending the winner their copy of the game on Wednesday night. So you have two days to enter for a free game. A free game where you make people explode into fountains of blood.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
I'm not sure what you're talking about with the fountains of blood, it's just a splatter for each kill. I've seen better blood fountains in Counter-Strike.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 04:54:38 AM »
Yeah, but half the people on this forum aren't going to be interested if I tell them about the graphics or the steep learning curve, so the blood is all I have to sell it to those people.

Oh, I guess I could mention that it's specifically designed to run on netbook-spec machines.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »
I'm on a netbook right now.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 11:06:50 PM »
Warp just gifted me the game. I'm really excited that none of you know how cool of a game this is, because I've been getting cautiously pumped to play it over these last few days.

Thanks Warp!

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
Oh I've known how cool this game is for ages.

I just can't play it.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle.

I'm gifting five copies. They will include the Frozenbyte Bundle. First five people to PM me with their email address and the best three-word music genre name they can think of get games.

"Post" and "core" do not count toward that wordcount.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 07:10:17 AM »
Three bundles are claimed, guys! Hurry up and get those PMs in if you want to get seven free games!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 11:08:45 PM »
One bundle left. I'm sending out the four claimed copies in a bit, so those of you who have already sent your information need to check your email PMs. I don't know why I asked for email addresses again.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:20:07 AM by WarpRattler »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
THANKS!  I hadn't expected the extra games.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
Just so you guys know, puzzle game SpaceChem was added to the bundle today. Those of you who already received your copies should have the game already.

And for those who are still interested, there's still one bundle left! You have just under a week to get your submission in if you're interested in that last pack of eight free games.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »
Now that I'm PC gaming capable again, does anyone still have a gift copy of this before I go and buy it? Or did Warp single-handedly supply everyone else?

Print