Print

Author Topic: New/Returning Members Post Here!  (Read 791297 times)

« Reply #3105 on: July 14, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »
ay guuurl
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3106 on: December 18, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
Bonsoir,

Je m'appelle Champoad, j'ai 14 ans. J'ai des connaissances en HTML/PHP/CSS/SQL...
J'ai découvert ce site par un ami et je le trouve cool. ^^

Voili voilou :p
Hello. I am a Whistaffa

« Reply #3107 on: December 20, 2015, 06:34:33 PM »
I hope you speak English well
Relics.

« Reply #3108 on: December 31, 2015, 01:46:04 PM »
Lol I speak English, not very well :(
Hello. I am a Whistaffa

« Reply #3109 on: January 21, 2016, 10:09:07 AM »
I was looking through the websites I had saved passwords for and lo and behold, this was here. And I decided to log in.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #3110 on: January 22, 2016, 03:16:40 PM »
Welcome back!
Relics.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #3111 on: January 23, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »
Hey! The person who went inactive around the time I joined!
Oh well, it's great to see ya, even if there's barely any activity.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #3112 on: January 29, 2016, 09:57:42 AM »
Hey there.
This may be my first post, but I've actually been a member here for almost two years and have been visiting this site much longer than that.

Anyways, I need help from you guys:
I've been out of the Nintendo loop for a very long time, due to my wanting to make fighting games my favorite game genre, as well as delve into other non-Nintendo games, franchises, and systems, all this in order to find and keep my favorite game of all time. Long story short, it has not worked out. At all. Hence why I've spent almost 10 years trying to find my favorite game of all time.

Now I wanna give Nintendo another chance, by getting back into the World of Nintendo, rebuild my decaying Nintendo collection and make it bigger and grander than it was before, and hopefully find and keep a Super Mario game as my favorite game of all time.

Is it too late for me to become a Nintendo fanboy again, after being gone so long? Also, even though it's been falling apart over time, my Nintendo collection is still large and impressive, so it shouldn't be TOO hard to whip it back into shape, right?

« Reply #3113 on: February 04, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
Your "favorite game of all time" isn't something you force, it's something you feel after you get a magical feeling from a certain game that other games just don't give you.
Relics.

« Reply #3114 on: February 05, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
I do have to say this:
When I made my previous post, I was hell-bent on making either SMB3 or SMW as my Favorite Game of All Time, along with their respective system as my Favorite Game System, mainly because they were widely regarded as the best Mario games ever made.

BUT, a few days ago, I decided to make the N64 my Favorite Game System. NOT because of what other people think of it, but because of my own personal experience with the system.

Long story short, I love everything about the N64: Its design, its accessories, and more importantly, its game library. It may not have had as many games as the NES and SNES (or even the GC), but the brilliant quality of the games it does have more than makes up for it! My first system was a SNES, and I played my fair share of it as well as the NES when I was a kid, but as soon as the N64 came out and I got it for X-Mas that same year, it pretty much dominated the rest of my childhood!

Now, I was gonna make Super Mario 64 my Favorite Game of All Time to go with the N64, but it hasn't been holding up very well as my favorite, and like you said, probably because I'm forcing it to be. However, even though it's been a long time, I've been falling in love with Mario Party 3 all over again, and even though it'd seem like too much of an obvious choice, I really do like playing Ocarina of Time (even though (sad to say) I've never beaten a Zelda game before in my life. It'd be one helluva goal to work towards though, and I'm up for it...) Also, Super Smash Bros. comes the closest to what I envision every time I think of a dream game (A DC Comics VS Marvel Comics fighting game using the SSB engine).

So in short, it's now between Mario Party 3, Ocarina of Time, and Super Smash Bros. I would say at this point, "What do you guys think?", but then again, it's not about what you guys think, it's about what I enjoy the most. So I'll get back with you on this...

EDIT:
Instead of just flat-out jumping to another game as my Favorite Game of All Time (like I usually do and which never ends well), I instead decided to re-evaluate Super Mario 64 as my Favorite, and determine why it deserves to be my Favorite, and not just because it's for the N64...

Super Mario 64 has given me MANY magical feelings, like you said a Favorite Game of All Time should accomplish. When I first got my N64, my first two games for it were the two launch titles, SM64 and Pilotwings 64. I played SM64 a LOT more than Pilotwings, even though I really enjoyed that game as well. However, I loved SM64 so much and was so excited about it, that whenever I was asked to do the family prayer at the dinner table, I would throw in "Please help me to get all the Stars in Super Mario 64!" until my dad threatened to take away the N64 if I didn't stop doing that :P . Also, I've said before that if I could pick any one place where I'd feel absolutely at peace and good about everything, I would go to The Secret Aquarium (from SM64 obviously).

Obviously I've been playing SM64 just as long as I've been playing the N64, and it's had just as much of an impact on my gaming life (and my life in general) as the N64 has. So yes, Super Mario 64 DOES deserve to be my Favorite Game of All Time, and I'm proud to call it that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:38:25 AM by RexFesto696 »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3115 on: February 05, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »
Dude, don't worry yourself so much about which game is your Favorite™. Just play games that you like. Maybe one of them is the one you like the most, but even if it is, that's not even all that important. Maybe a game that is your favorite now will not be your favorite later. Maybe you'll never have one single favorite game. Your favorite game doesn't have to be on your favorite console. Heck, you don't even need to have a favorite game, console, or anything.

I guess my point is chill out a bit. Try not to stress about putting an order to which games you like. Just go play games and have fun.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #3116 on: February 05, 2016, 04:50:18 PM »
Yeah, just like what you want.
3 years ago I would've hated myself for liking FFVII, but now it's my 3rd favorite PS1 game.
And even then, I don't really have a "favorite game".
Now, if I were to have one, it definitely wouldn't be Mario 64, but that's just because I didn't grow up with it.
But hey, at least you're proud of your favorite!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:52:12 PM by Tavros »
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3117 on: February 06, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »
There are twenty-nine good games

Punch-Out!! for the Wii
Banjo-Kazooie
Dark Souls
Project M
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Chrono Trigger
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Dead Rising
Banjo-Tooie
Half-Life 2
F-Zero GX
Viewtiful Joe
Super Mario World
BioShock
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Undertale
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Yoshi's Island
Mother 3
Metroid Prime
Half-Life
Super Mario 64
God Hand
Portal
Elite Beat Agents
Ghost Trick
Pikmin
EarthBound
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

There could be more
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3118 on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:42 PM »
Like everyone else said...just chill and play what you like. Having an absolute favorite really isn't that important. We all grow and change and your fave game now might not even hold your attention in a couple of years. Just have fun!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3119 on: February 17, 2016, 06:20:14 PM »
Peach is right.  I recall putting hundreds of hours into some Atari 5200 games as a child.  My top 3 games back then wouldn't make my top 50 today.  To paraphrase Lizard Dude, "The game I'm playing now is the best game ever."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print