Print

Author Topic: The REAL Astronaut Story 2: The Lost Astronaut's Gold  (Read 8180 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:05:50 PM »
It has been 5 years since government officials reported that your father's spacecraft went down during a launch: killing him and leaving you an orphan. This of course lead to the brief Invasion of the Krikks, since your father was meant to investigate their then recent movement in our solar system. Several months before he died, he gave you a strange present. A folded piece of paper and a large key that weighs over a pound and appears to be gold-plated. On the box that these objects came in were the words, "In case anything happens to me." Now you are a man-child, ready to take on the world and claim what your father left you. Society has reached a level comparable to its pre-invasion condition, you are done mourning, you are ready.

It's 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning. You are in Seattle, Washington. You have a car, $3,000 saved up, and of course the Key and the Map. The Map shows a location pinpointed somewhere in the American Southwest.

What do you do?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »
I go off into the woods and start my own colony of astronaut folk.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
I hock the key to the guy living behind my house.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »
I hire a mercenary body guard (I'm assuming that, as an astronaut, I don't have much in the way of self-defense training?) and begin the long drive to the treasure.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

TEM

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »
I hock the key to the guy living behind my house.
You decide that you don't want to spend your life chasing a horde of wealth and having adventures. You sell the Key to a neighbor who thinks it is a wall decoration. You finish school, meet a girl, get married, have kids and die.

THE END

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 02:42:16 AM »
I flip through the book to find a good ending and work backwards from there.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 06:47:07 AM »
every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 08:52:35 AM »
I reach for the remote and shut the television off. I find it mildly amusing that a lifetime movie, staring Cameron Bancroft, mirrors my very own situation. However, unlike the abused heroine of the television, I decide to gather up my belongings, hop in the car, and make my way to the AMERICAN SOUTH WEST-- a land where the American dream still lives on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:00:09 AM by Black Mage »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »
every

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
I pack up some supplies, make sure the car has gas, and drive towards the spot marked on the map.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 03:36:27 PM »
I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
i just want everyone to know that even though this topic hasn't been poster in over 120 days i'm decided to revive it because it has a really sweet backstory and i say we should continue the story!
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 06:58:48 PM »
1. I now get the joke in CE7's post.
2. Definitely Glorb.

TEM

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 11:08:49 PM »
This story ended. Didn't you see? Start your own story.

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 03:10:34 PM »
1. I now get the joke in CE7's post.
2. Definitely Glorb.

i don't see how i'm glorb...
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 03:23:01 PM »
Glorb died like a million years ago you guys.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
He is constantly reincarnated, though.  Like the Avatar, but instead of bending the elements, he bends the rules of ban evasion.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 03:36:20 AM »
I thought it was because he's a Time Lord gone renegade.

Print