Print

Author Topic: E for All Photo Spread -- Day 1  (Read 5697 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: October 19, 2007, 02:56:04 AM »

My hotel room. Aren't you excited?

The first person to TRUST THE FUNGUS and receive a TMK Sticker.

MegaByte and his Nintendo World Report buddy Steven Rodriguez arrive at the convention center. Aren't they looking chipper?

Another happy recipient of a TMK sticker.

He, too, trusts the fungus.

Two, count them, TWO Fungus Fans at once!

Even Destructoid trusts the fungus... even if I didn't see it on him later during the day.

How can a guy with a shirt like that NOT be a member of the Mushroom Kingdom?

MB says this is someone I should know about. Sadly, I lost his note about the name of this person.  I believe this person shows up later in different garb.  MB will have to update me on this.

So it's a bit blurry... the lighting was bad.  That's Phillip  from Advanced Media Network... those wacky AMN guys even posted about it in their forums.

Boy, I think I need to reconsider my choice to be in all these photos... I look crazy, and I'm not the guy wearing a DK tie.

Even folks from 1up.com trust the fungus!

Nintendo gals and TMK -- a perfect blend, like pizza and cardboard boxes.

Yes, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man love TMK too...even if their handlers wouldn't let them wear the sticker.  We know they really love us.  (Oh, that's Chris Glass from DMG Ice in the last picture.  He took a lot of these pictures for me while I was chatting with the lovely folks in all the photos.  He's long-suffering.)

You know, I'm going to have to learn about smiling for a camera and properly timing my speaking, or I'll keep ending up with photos in which I look vaguely like Wario in Brawl.

People of all ages trust the fungus!

Hey, NESS TRUSTS THE FUNGUS! (Did you ever doubt that, really?)

Lunch time.  Note the giant table full of boxed lunches?   It's thirty minutes after lunch started and they're still on the table.  E for All <> E3.

Who's this man who trusts in the fungus so? Why, it's Rusel DeMaria, author of many fine video game history and information books (including Hi Score! The Illustrated History of Electronic Games).

All of these fine folks met me, chatted, took TMK stickers and posed for pictures.  Hi, folks!

If you wait in some tiny bleachers, you get to play four player Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  If you win in your four player tournament, you get to play on THE BIG SCREEN with other winners.  Here you can see MegaByte's back as he prepares to face off in a BIG SCREEN TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS.

I'd have more about this, but it was my turn to play on the other side, so I ran off.

Cosplayer time.

Yes, E for All had a "Cosplay Parade and Photo Opportunity".  Here we go.  Please excuse the lousiness of the pictures, but the front of the stage area was filled with a high school marching band.

I bet you thought I was kidding for a moment, didn't you?

You may have noticed, amidst those rather lousy pictures of folks in Zelda/Spiderman/Castlevania/FF7/Kingdom Hearts/Destructoid (that shouldn't count)/Generic Anime characters, something special.  The SINGLE GREATEST GAMING COSTUME OF ALL TIME:

Yes... that's a BOO COSTUME!

(Sadly, the cosplaying fellow said he "didn't trust the fungus".  Personally, I think he was just staying in character...right?)

We're just one band of happy, mushroom-loving guys.

Even if your skull is slowing mutating into Pac-Man, you can still take the time to trust that fungus.

The folks in the Nintendo booth really love that fungus.  I mean, it makes sense and all, but it's still rather touching.

Scurvy knaves from regions unknown trust the fungus, and that's not a gaffe.

Oh, look -- a super blurry picture of a new Wii system box.  Note the prominent Wii Sports logo on it. (Trust me, it's there.)

These two young ladies trust the fungus. Isn't that wonderful?  The one on my right appeared to have been up to something crofty earlier that day.

This is a picture of myself with a mushroom gal and her identical twin sister.

I bet you wish you had a cool DK tie like this guy has.

Actually, maybe I could snag an extra one for a prize or something like that. Hmmm.

You know, I'm not made of witty catchphrases and slogans.  Just because I haven't used any so far doesn't mean that I'm not tired of trying to.

TANOOOKI!

It's amazing how people pop out of the woodwork when they realize you are giving stuff away for free.

This nice young lady is trying to hide her face so she won't get in trouble. Did it work?

It's a Metal Gear print in the Into the Pixel exhibit.

No, that's about all there is to this.  I was asked to take it, so I did.

If I had won a game of Halo while at this booth, these nice ladies would have given me a free iPod carrying case.  I don't own an iPod, but still, it would have been nice to have.

Here I am at the 1up booth.  See that lovely lady posing next to me?  She lost her badge earlier that day... then I found it under a sign.  Here we are after she was reunited with her badge.

Here's one of her co-workers. He let me know that she had been losing stuff all day -- even her airline boarding pass!

These nice ladies of the PMS Gaming Clan wanted me to join The ECA (Entertainment Consumers Association).  I'm not sure the ECA is for me, but I promised to look into it.

Awwww.... aren't they a cute couple?  They said they'd come back tomorrow in a new set of matching Mario-themed t-shirts.

Kong....KOOONG!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:04:25 PM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:03:36 PM »
Hooooleeeeeeeeee cow.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
I would like to have one of those stickers.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »
PMS Clan!

O_o

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »
I want a DK tie and PacMan hat....

Any shots of actual Brawl gameplay? I'd like to see Fusion Samus, Fire Mario and Golden Bowser.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »
I really want to go to E for All one of these years.  Probably won't happen till I'm out of college, though. >_<
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »
Screw E for All. PAX is the way to go! I'll be going next year so come with me everyone!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 09:09:23 PM »
I wonder if I could make that...? I sure wish I had a car. I'm perfectly capable of transit to Seattle via bus or plane.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »
I would like to have a roll of these stickers.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »
I'd put one on my car.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 12:28:57 AM »
I'd put one on my car.
I'd put one on my Wii.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »
Oh so cool you got to meet all those celebs, but less fungus-trusting, more games!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print