Print

Author Topic: Anyone else play Team Fortress?  (Read 41735 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 12:14:03 AM »
Just unlocked all of the new weapons. Love Jarate and Huntsman, Razorback is trash to me. With spy, I currently run Ambassador and Dead Ringer and I love it. Hoping to find me some hats.
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 08:39:18 AM »
I think the Huntsman would be much more useful to my style of play if I had Jarate, and if my aim wasn't crap. I don't own a Razorback, but I agree on its uselessness; as a Spy, I'd just go up and side-stab the mofo. Even the knife cooldown wasn't as much of a penalty as you'd think, though the angry-ass sniper about to retaliate usually is.

Speaking of spying, I don't have the Ambassador yet but I want one, and I've been getting good use out of both new watches.
every

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
I found no real correlation between Huntsman and Jarate. As a matter of fact, it's almost better to have a Huntsman-Machine Gun combination, because that way it's easier to take down a rushing midrange opponent if your arrow misses.

Which brings me to my main point about the Huntsman, one TEM initially made and I agree with: most people use it wrong. It's not fun when you're trying to snipe with it because the sniper rifle blows it out of the water at long range. It's clearly a midrange weapon. Too close for the sniper rifle but not close enough for quick Machine Gun or Kukri kills.

About aim being crap: yeah, it took me a little while to learn, too, but getting kills is just so awesome, especially when you stick people to the wall. Eventually you learn how far to lead running opponents and how far above the head to aim to account for the slight downward curve.

Razorback sucks so hard. I finally equipped mine after being repeatedly pwned by the 5 or 6 spies on the other team. My first life with the Razorback, I noticed you run a lot slower. Then I got backstabbed. I didn't even feel the thing break or whatever. I instantly re-equipped my jarate.

I have the Ambassador equipped, really only because I can. And for the achievement where you kill like 50 people with it.

I don't have the Dead Ringer yet, but I've been raped hard by "dead" spies enough to know it's useful. Eventually I learned to whip out my machete and look around frantically when I hear that uncloak sound.

Cloak and Dagger is pretty good I guess, but you can't move as far on the initial cloak and it doesn't respawn fast enough for my liking.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 10:52:18 PM »
Yeah, Dead Ringer is an awesome thing. As for Razorback Snipers, I just pop a bullet from the Scout's mama into their brain and get outta there.

My favorite things ever has to be a Jarate/Pyro raid. Not only do they take mini-crits from the initial flame, they take mini-crit damage from the afterburn. Throwin' a Jarate on a crowded control point and lettin' a Pyro rush in...glorious.
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 09:19:01 AM »
I agree; nothing is more beautiful as a Pyro than having one of your Sniper homies throw a jar of hot Sniper-juice onto a baddie.

And I'm trusting Valve will do something to make the Razorback more useful, say, giving it more uses, or making it actually work more than 20% of the time.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 10:55:34 PM »
I haven't used the Razorback myself, but if it doesn't let you know it's broken when a Spy tries to backstab you than it sounds kind of not worth wielding.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 02:39:10 AM »
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 08:16:48 AM »
Needless to say, that brought a smile to my face.
every

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 02:04:15 PM »
So I just unlocked Jarate, and I'm fairly good with it (I'm glad there's a splash effect; I'd never be able to get a direct hit). Of course, the underlying problem is that I suck balls as a Sniper and probably always will (the only kills I've ever gotten were with the Kukri knife), so yeah.

Also, while this in unrelated, I've noticed I have never ever used either of my axes as a Pyro except when goofing around before a match.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 02:15:01 PM »
Funny. I love using my fireaxe any chance I get. I've gotten...112 fire axe kills withing two weeks.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
Of course, the underlying problem is that I suck balls as a Sniper and probably always will (the only kills I've ever gotten were with the Kukri knife), so yeah.

Same. I'm terrible as the sniper. I can't aim for [dukar].
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2009, 11:50:22 AM »
New pictures: http://tem.kontek.net/Game%20Captures/TF2/6-18-09/

Now new and improved with none of the original file name included!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
Dressed to Kill was an incredible freezecam there. Once I finish my two main TF2 maps, I've got to get back into actually playing TF2. Pity I don't have as good a computer as you.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »
BarbeQueQ has to be the most satisfying Pyro achievement out there. Forcing someone to ragequit should be an achievement for every game.
every

Print