Print

Author Topic: Merchandise Section  (Read 19624 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »
Hey my party peeps, I just wanted to throw out a request to all Mario fans out there. If any of you have some Mario merchandise, please shoot me an email (or reply here) with some pictures. Even if it's something we already have, the pictures you snag could prove better quality. What's more, you'll be even credit once the dust settles!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »
Does this include the games or not?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 03:58:43 PM »
I got plenty, I'll take some pictures once I get some batteries of all my shirts, hats, hoodie, pants, etc.

Also. Should I be wearing them, should I just take a pic of the clothing itself, or does it not matter?
Ditto used Machop!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »
Does this include the games or not?

Anything that falls into the categories on the Merch page:

http://themushroomkingdom.net/mania/merch

Should I be wearing them, should I just take a pic of the clothing itself, or does it not matter?

The ideal picture is just of the item itself, but if you want to model the item as well, I can use both pictures, just make sure the one of the shirt alone is a close up of the graphic. If you don't want to do that, then the shirt by itself (full shirt) is ok. :-)
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
Sounds good. I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow.
Ditto used Machop!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 07:29:07 PM »
Ok, the best way for me to see them is via email, so head to the staff page and email me if you can. If you can't for some reason, posting them here is quite alright too.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 12:21:11 AM »
Just to be clear, stuff you got in a kids meal, for free during a gamestop/nintendo event, and stuff you buy at the store counts as Mario merch, so if you have it, just send me some pics. I might even blog it if it's really out there!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »
You're free to use the Mario ball I posted yesterday, if you haven't already. Also somewhere I have a Mario Kart Double Dash!! keychain that I got at a GameCrazy contest.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 11:26:44 PM »
Alright, here's some stuff of mine.

In the back row is a DK Plush (didn't know you already had a pic when I took it). In the middle are the three toys from the 1989 McDonald's Happy Meal promo (once again, didn't check to see if they were here, but the point is I own them).

Now, there's two here I don't think are on the site. One is the plastic Bob-Omb in the forground, which held some red sour-powder candy stuff. Aside from the DK plush, there is an even older DK doll of sorts (which I found hanging from the wall behind a door in that semi-abandoned Chinese restaurant I mentioned on "An Even More Disturbing Discovery", or whatever, thread). I'm not sure how old it is, but it took forever to get the smell out and it's probably... what do you think, mid-eighties?

Mario Party 7 shot glass from the Nintendo World Store. It's a horrible picture, I know.

Mario UNO.

Mario dominoes.

A Mario pen procured at the Nintendo World Store.

One of those Pringles Mario books. Got it from a friend as a kid.

In the mornings, you will grow to hate this guy.

Speaks for itself.

From the Nintendo World Store, though I'm not the one who bought it... (I never wear it)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »
I've been meaning to post these for while, but I keep forgetting. Anyway...

The patch on the front of this one glows in the dark. Ordered from NP's Power Supplies catalog back in the good old days.

Bought from Hot Topic.

The ghosts glow in the dark. Bonus for renewing my NP subsription.

Also obtained by renewing NP.

Another nifty item from the Power Supplies catalog.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 04:41:13 PM »
That old school DK doll is full of win. Thanks N64 Chick, I should have these added sometime this weekend. Once the merch page is 100%, expect kudos of course :-D

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:03:57 PM »
Always happy to help when the opportunity presents itself.

On a side note, it's a bit of a shame that I don't actually have any keys for my Metal Mario keychain. Maybe in a few months...

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 06:08:31 AM »
Byte Me= WINN

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 06:02:06 PM »
Alright, here's that Burger King Kid's Meal stuff I've been meaning to post (only the Mario-related ones, mind you):

A sort of Mario Sunshine roulette wheel toy.

...And another view.

Luigi races a Boo for a 1-Up Mushroom... down a pole?

Push the mushroom on top and Bowser chases Peach! Points are based on the numbers on those spaces... or something.

A pachinko-type game with Wario. You're supposed to fill it with water.

Push the rock and DK pounds the bananas... I think.

Slap that lever behind Diddy and, if God is on your side, he'll leap up and go down the slide, only to destory a perfectly good barrel of bananas.

Wind up Yoshi and hope he runs into the eggs.

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »
I bought and took a picture of a Donkey Kong energy drink a while ago... I'll have to find it again though.
I'm a horrible person.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »
Got more pics on my phone, but here's a few I got on my computer

Cereal Box promo

Wind-up I found in a garage sale

Some sort of Japanese Pepsi promo thing.  Got these from a friend of mine when she went to Japan.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »
Why is Mario trying to ride that poor pregnant Yoshi!?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 06:16:19 AM »
Curses!  You have a pic of the only Mario merchandise I own (the DVD)!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »
What is it supposed to be? Mario meets the gummy bears?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 12:26:29 AM »
It appears to be a dual feature disc.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »
Yeah.  I think that Heathcliff cartoon was made by the same people who made the Mario cartoons.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 01:06:39 AM »
Yes, DiC.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 07:06:52 AM »
Oh, yeah, I have that DVD.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »
I had that DVD as well. Anyway, a few more goodies I have...

A Mario Sunshine puzzle. Too bad the Christmas present didn't say who it was from. Not even Santa. I don't know who to thank!

Another Mario Sunshine puzzle. It's more fun than the game. Found at the Goodwill I used to work at.

One of the Nintendo Adventure books. Another lucky find at Goodwill.

I lost track of how long it's been in there...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 10:46:32 AM »
Wow, how did I never see those SMS puzzles?
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »
A Mario Sunshine puzzle. Too bad the Christmas present didn't say who it was from. Not even Santa. I don't know who to thank!

It's obviously from Satan Santa.

I have some Mario merchandise too, but it's going to be awhile before I can post some..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »
When my sister came home from Italy three years ago, she came back with Italian Super Mario candy, which was really delicious. I still have the empty bags (and maybe some wrappers), but I have to find the photographs and scans I took of it.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 12:34:21 PM »
Yeah. It's probably from some secret Santa or something. Just found it a bit odd that none of the people at the party (and it was a pretty full house mind you) claimed to be the one that gave it to me. On the other hand, a tradition of sorts (on Wayne's side of the family anyway) is that the giver is sometimes listed as something a bit...odd. Examples include one of our pets, something really weird like "The Three Little Pigs" and my favorite...Luigi.

That's gotta be it. Luigi gave that puzzle to me, but is too shy to admit it because he knows I'll hug him to pieces. Hehehehe! Okay. I'm just being goofy now, but it probably was some sort of secret Santa deal.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 02:02:27 PM »
Wow, those RoseArt puzzles are really cool. I wish I could get one for my sister; Super Mario Sunshine was actually one of the first video games she ever played. I still remember the hours (not consecutive) I spent trying to teach her to side jump.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »
My mom always brings back candy for my sister and me when she goes to Monterey, but this time she brought back a pair of Mario candy things.

They look cool, and the Kart comes off the top of the container and the wheels do turn, but MAN this is some nasty candy! It's really bad!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 10:00:20 PM »
My mom always brings back candy for my sister and me when she goes to Monterey, but this time she brought back a pair of Mario candy things.

They look cool, and the Kart comes off the top of the container and the wheels do turn, but MAN this is some nasty candy! It's really bad!
can't see image. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »
I have one of those, only my Mario is not Firey.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
I take it someone has tracked down a website for that... "Aw'some Candy" company, or whatever, that makes all these Nintendo candies? (I have a few myself) We could get plenty of good merchandise pics that way.

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 02:24:31 PM »
Interesting stuff. I never seen any of this before.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 07:33:07 PM »
Mah Mario PJs (bottom only--they didn't come with a top. At least, that's what I figure. I got 'em for Christmas last year):

A close-up:

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 09:54:40 PM »
Not mine. I just found it lying around on the internets.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »
Mario is posing like he would as Raccoon Mario, but he's not Raccoon Mario.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »
Here's what I found at Hot Topic today.

Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 06:56:01 AM »
Goomba... plushie... must squish!!!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2013, 05:15:38 AM »
Oops! Did I say "e-mail"? I meant "MAIL ME YOUR THINGS" so I can add them.

Totally promise to send them back. Honest.

Print