Print

Author Topic: The GRAD thread: Discuss your post-secondary education plans here!  (Read 32997 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »
Well, then shoot, Canada rules.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2010, 09:40:17 PM »
Cannot erase... cannot unsee...
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
Why must all the assignments be piled into these last three weeks of the semester? Augh...
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
Welcome to college!

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2010, 10:52:03 PM »
Why must all the assignments be piled into these last three weeks of the semester? Augh...

Because you didn't start working on them as soon as you had your syllabus.

Speaking of which, I'm about to finish up all my undergrad courses and have to apply to my bachelor program soon. Could've probably qualified sooner if my adviser didn't recommend a bunch of filler classes that had nothing to do with my Major or GE requirements.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2010, 05:14:50 AM »
There goes my sleep schedule.

I woke up 3:00 PM on Wednesday (my day off), stayed up until 4:00 AM Thursday to finish writing commercials, slept for an hour, woke up for an hour, slept for another hour, went to school, slept for just under two hours on Thursday afternoon, and I've been awake since then. If I go to bed now, I'll get a maximum of three hours' sleep before school.

« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2010, 12:03:11 AM »
One semester down, three to go. College certainly requires more effort than high school.

On the plus side, I was nominated for almost every category in this year's "Golden Headphones" awards ceremony/boozefest. I ended up winning for Best Ass (Male) and Most Likely To Hook Up With A Classmate. The classmate in question for the latter award was Kasey, the other weird fat guy. I'll post scans of the certificates if anyone wants proof of my victories.

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »
This week we'll start being trained in RCS Selector, the industry standard for music scheduling. What's worrisome is that it hasn't been updated since 1983, so the whole system is written in DOS:

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2011, 12:02:34 AM »
Oh my gosh, what am I looking at here?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:39:35 AM by FlamingBlueMario »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »
My thoughts exactly. Better yet, the program is so old that you can't navigate it with a mouse.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »
I suppose while I'm here I should mention I'm dual-enrolled in an art class.

I'm also supposed to be writing some sort of essay for some sort of scholarship opportunity at that college I was accepted to, but I can't work unless I'm under pressure.  Speaking of which, a drawing for the aforementioned art class is due tomorrow.  Between that, and a billion other things, I probably won't have much free time today.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
So many dang essays. So many.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
I actually only have two papers on my plate at the moment.  One is for the scholarship.  The other is for my art class, but isn't due until March.  So I'm concentrating on the other one first.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2011, 12:04:45 AM »
In my last semester of my Master's Degree right now, thanks lolconomy. For the last year, I've been drinking every day, blowing off classes, and still keeping a ~3.7 because talent >>> hard work at everything ever

I plan to play video games until 5 AM today and skip my 10:30 lecture

like a boss
~I.S.~

Print