Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario 3DS images  (Read 49683 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »
Mario looks a tad grainy in the overworld shots, but those in-battle graphics are almost GCN quality.

Maybe it's just a place-holder for the actual Chain Chomp partner, but they haven't given it the unique look that most enemies turned partners have yet..?

Doubtable, as even the earliest TTYD screenshots featured Goombella, Koops and Flurrie. It's also worth noting that Mario isn't followed by any partners in the non-battle images.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:46 PM »
... all the images I've seen can have been achieved on current ds systems.
I guess I should have kept the disclaimer at the top of the original post.  Of course the images you are seeing are not in 3D.  That's exactly why Nintendo doesn't want people filming the 3DS screen.  Also, regardless of the faster processing, the images are higher resolution. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 07:33:48 PM »
I guess I'll just wait til I experience it myself then.

Doubtable, as even the earliest TTYD screenshots featured Goombella, Koops and Flurrie. It's also worth noting that Mario isn't followed by any partners in the non-battle images.

Oh yeah. So they did. Maybe the Chain Chomp is unique in that it isn't unique.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
Wow; this looks great! I can't wait to get my hands on this! I wonder how much the 3D part of the 3DS will influence the game, though. According to the first screenshot, you can turn the 3D feature on and off.

EDIT: I just noticed that there isn't a crowd like in The Thousand Year Door. Maybe it's too early for that right now.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:39:01 AM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 11:07:06 AM »
Looks promising--I can tell where some of the 3D effects will shine.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
EDIT: I just noticed that there isn't a crowd like in The Thousand Year Door. Maybe it's too early for that right now.
Hmm.  TTYD is my favorite Mario RPG.  Hopefully they'll include the crowd.  I can imagine someone in the crowd throwing something to/at Mario in 3D.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »
This is freaking awesome, of course.

What I'm wondering, though.. How're Nintendo and other developers gonna handle 3D integration gameplay-wise? They're gonna have to take into consideration all the poor souls who will be idiotic and turn the 3D effect off, so it really reduces the 3D aspect down to "lol dat looks kewl" instead of 3D looking cool AND affecting gameplay such as it being used to solve puzzles, etc. like in Rittai Kakushi e Attakoreda (which I know is not "true" 3D, but I'm using it as an example of how the 3D effect in general could be used to create new, original challenges).
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 10:30:47 PM »
Luigison: TTYD is my favourite as well, but I've never found the audience to have much effect on its gameplay. Aside from the audience refilling SP and occasionally pelting you with crap, the game would be basically identical without it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:21:41 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 11:29:40 PM »
Edit:  These images are on photobucket and may exceed bandwidth soon so get them while you can.  The Mario Kart images I posted in another thread are already gone. 
Well, now I know how the viewcount on those images got so high. Thanks for rehosting the images, *******.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »
Sorry.  I'd thought I'd already changed these.  They're re-hosted now.  I learned from this to use the Firefox add-on Rehost Image in the future. 

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Looking forward to finally getting my hands on a new Paper Mario. It's been too long!

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
Another installment in a classic series! In 3D and awesome graphics! :D

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
A pair of new images came out a while ago. The "paper" effect is more prevalent than in previous PM titles, with evens lava spouts and snowmen resembling cardboard cut-outs:

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 12:39:53 AM »
Cool! I noticed something though: there's Mt. Lavalava in the first Paper Mario, which the first screenshot resembles, and then there's the path to Fahr Outpost in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which the second screenshot heavily resembles. Is it possible that they're taking all the environmental themes from the first two Paper Mario games and putting them in this one?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Sqrt2

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 08:00:01 PM »
Seeing these images has made me a lot more interested in the 3DS than I was before. Too bad PM3DS isn't likely to be a launch title.
AA fanboy and proud!

Print