Print

Author Topic: Will there ever be a new Super Mario cartoon?  (Read 56307 times)

edward1978

• Agent, US Department of the Redundancy Department
« on: November 12, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »
It's been 21 years since The Super Mario World cartoon premiered and there hasn't been a Mario cartoon since.  Mario was supposed to get a new cartoon sometime back in 2003 or 2004 but they had Kirby, Right Back At Ya, Sonic X, and F-Zero but no new Mario cartoon.  Please I want to see a new Mario cartoon, so will a new Mario cartoon ever be produced?

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:36:38 PM »
Unlikely, but I'll see what I can do.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »
I rather doubt it.

Not to say I'm entirely opposed to the idea. I may have said this before but I'd love a series that covers the events of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Or it could be something close. I just use M&L:SS as an example because it's such a great one. It's just episodic enough, with story arcs that flow into each other while still being easy to separate. Its storyline and characters, while rich and significantly more detailed than the standard Bowser-steals-Peach ones, don't feel in the least bit out-of-place, unbelievable, or fanfictiony for Mario's world. The established fact that Mario and Luigi are traveling together means there's little need for useless tag-along characters.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:54:43 AM »
Mario was supposed to get a new cartoon sometime back in 2003 or 2004 but they had Kirby, Right Back At Ya, Sonic X, and F-Zero but no new Mario cartoon.
Plumbing's their game. They're not like the others who get all the fame.

(But if your sink is in trouble you can call them on the double.)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
I like your rhyming post (was that yours, or official?), but Nintendo is not using any reference to plumbing anymore and is trying to get other media to stop using it too. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:16:15 PM »
Those are the lyrics from the Super Show theme rap.

edward1978

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »
The reason why I want a new Super Mario cartoon is because Kirby, Sonic, and F-Zero all got new cartoons 10 years ago, and another IMO Mario really never had a decent cartoon, what I mean is have 30 minute episodes, not 15 minute episodes in all three previous Mario cartoons.  I never liked the live-action segments of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.  Also in the SMB 3 and SMW cartoons Mario and Luigi's overalls wer red and green respectively instead of blue, and I do not like the Koopa Kids being given different names instead of the game names.   I really want to see a completely decent Mario cartoon, with a good voice cast, the characters wearing the right colored clothes, full 30 minute cartoon episodes, uses the Koopa kids real names, and Mario characters that has never appeared in a Mario cartoon such as Wario, Waluigi, Daisy and such.  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:19:15 AM by edward1978 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »
I think you want to see a new Mario cartoon.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
I think you want to see a new Mario cartoon.

Clearly he wants a new Zelda cartoon with 70% more Excuuuuuse Me, Princess.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
I think it'd be cool to see a new Mario cartoon much closer to the games in art style, plot and voice acting, especially since, unlike long ago, the Mario series has a huge, diverse cast of characters. Ooh, what if it was a CGI cartoon? That'd be cool! Mario seems like it'd make good children's saturday morning action comedy cartoon material, given things like the Mario Power Tennis intro. It'd be totally awesome if they had a cartoon based off of the Paper Mario games, especially Paper Mario 2.

Y'know what'd be really crazy? A cartoon in the style of the intro to Mario Strikers Charged.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX86e2dHk9E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX86e2dHk9E</a>
Relics.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKuNUPmEf7E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKuNUPmEf7E</a>

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 10:58:50 PM »
Y'know what'd be really crazy? A cartoon in the style of the intro to Mario Strikers Charged.

Crazy yes. Good, not necessarily.

edward1978

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 01:42:00 AM »
Clearly he wants a new Zelda cartoon with 70% more Excuuuuuse Me, Princess.

Not quite what I had in mind, and since you mentioned it, a new Zelda would be a great thing right besides a new Mario cartoon.  It will be a desent cartoon with everything that I want the new Mario cartoon to be like, and no Link saying EXCUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!!!!.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:26:01 AM by edward1978 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »
Would it?

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »
The Donkey Kong Country cartoon was decent, so yes, I agree a new Mario cartoon could be decent also.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print