Print

Author Topic: What Mario stages would you like to see in the next Smash games?  (Read 20393 times)

« on: May 19, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
There is sill a wealth of locales from the Mario series that haven't been seen in Super Smash Brothers. I would like to see Bowser's Castle, Rogueport, or somewhere in Sarasaland. Most of all I'd like to see a stage base on SMB3. What stages would you like to see?

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
- The Train Stage stuff from Wario Land 1 & 2, with awesome music.
- Anywhere in the Beanbean Kingdom
- Holli Jolli Village from Partners in Time, along with periodically appearing Shroob ships attacking the stage and characters

Those are some ideas I have off the top of my head.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »
Ricco Harbor and Bowser's Castle.
The latter is a no-brainer and I'm seriously confounded as to why they've yet to do it.
Relics.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »
I know it's a tad behind the times, but I'd be down for another SM64 stage. I've always found Rainbow Cruise didn't capture the spirit of the level on which it was based.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
To be fair, most of Melee's stages had that problem. *looks at Brinstar*

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:06:08 AM »
What? I thought Brinstar in Melee actually was one of the better stages for the series it was based on. The flowing acid (Metroid II), the breakable blocks/pillars (pretty much every Metroid game),.. It was (and still is) a fun stage. You are right on Rainbow Cruise, though: I don't recall any mountains anywhere in SM64 that had a little town in any of the courses (Mario Sunshine, though, was full of them..)

Now, for stages I'd like to see..

- A Wario Land stage based off the train stages from said game (I haven't played any of the other WL games, just the first one), complete with updated music (please, please don't let the remixes be as bad as most of the Kirby songs in Brawl..)

- Something based from Paper Mario.. An idea I had a while back was on Mount Rugged: the bridge in front of Klepto's nest. Klepto would occasionally appear and throw feathers (per his appearance in the game), and enemies from this area of the game could also make an appearance also.

- More Mario Kart based stages (I realize SSB4 is doing this somewhat). An idea I had was on raised platforms on DK's Jungle Parkway, the bridge in front of the big waterfall toward the end of the track (what's up with all these bridge ideas). I could see it working similarly to Fountain of Dreams in Melee, with the two smaller platforms occasionally disappearing, leaving fighters to.. fight on the bridge (but that would be more dangerous because of the race also going on at the same time, similarly to Mario Circuit in Brawl)

- A Zelda stage set in Dodongo's Cavern, on the bridge above the giant Dodongo's head (surprise). Keese would be flying around (and sometimes be on fire, and set the fighters on fire), and maybe the one platform would rise up to this level, occasionally giving another place to stand/land on.

I should go dig out an old notebook I know is filled with stage ideas
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
The lack of representation of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi as a whole is troubling. Super Mario RPG, I get, because of Square-Enix and all that, but AlphaDream is second-party, right? And last I checked, those games were pretty popular... what are they afraid of?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
What? I thought Brinstar in Melee actually was one of the better stages for the series it was based on.

It wasn't.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
It wasn't.

And why wasn't it? I absolutely love your lack of evidence to back up your claims.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
Aside from the (incorrectly-colored) acid and the Chozo statue (that you can barely see) almost nothing in that stage stylistically resembles any environment from any area that had appeared in any Metroid game prior to Melee.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 12:17:11 AM »
That's sort of the point of SSB, isn't it? It's not quiet a Mario game, Kirby game, Metroid game.. Nothing is going to be represented exactly..

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 12:37:22 AM »
*Looks at Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Green Greens, and Mute City*

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
Mute City I can't comment on (since I've never really played an F-Zero game), but there still wasn't anything like those stages in the games they represent. They have features of the games they are representing.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »
Moving on: I just remembered another stage idea..

The Kalimari Desert, via MK64. You fight on top of the train as it makes its' way around, and as the race goes on around it. When it goes through the tunnel, you can be saved from KO by the top of the tunnel, but you could still be blasted off the sides..

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »
The Mario Kart stages ought to have more varied hazard racers. I like when I know exactly who to blame for running me over on the F-ZERO stages, so why all Shy Guys? Why not beloved faces like Toadette, Daisy, and Baby Daisy? On a console like the Wii U, recycling Mario Kart Wii's playable models as background elements wouldn't be taxing, the work is more or less already done
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print