Print

Author Topic: Should we consider Skylanders SuperChargers a Mario spin-off?  (Read 12288 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »
I enjoy the Super Mario Bros movie in the same way that I enjoy the Flintstones movie -- it's a stupid, badly written movie that doesn't fit the mood of its source material, but it's got really nice set design. Flintstones had way better casting, though. And acting. And scientific accuracy.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »
Close enough

slurp
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 05:08:26 PM »
BP hates nothing more than his liver functioning correctly
Also it may be because I first watched it as a moronic  doodlerbooty child, but I kinda like watching it.
For reasons other than revelling in its stupidity, I mean.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 07:06:49 PM »
tavros we need to stop enabling bp's alcoholism
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »
I enjoy the stories of how the movie got made ruined far more than the actual movie. They should make a movie out of that: "The Making of the Super Mario Bros. Movie: The Movie". I'd love it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 08:02:50 PM »
i just think

actually i hardly remember it, i remember the mattress surfing scene [wtd] is this the princess diaries

it wasn't really even that good as its own thing, it wasnt funny and it wasnt bad enough to be so bad its good it was just kinda really forgttable and boring and that's even worse
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »
I enjoy the stories of how the movie got made ruined far more than the actual movie. They should make a movie out of that: "The Making of the Super Mario Bros. Movie: The Movie". I'd love it.
Those docs about Apocalypse Now, The Island of Doctor Moreau, and even non-made flicks like Jodorowsky's Dune and the Nicholas Cage Superman seem to have done well, so this is actually extremely plausible.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Sqrt2

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 05:12:52 PM »
I enjoy the Super Mario Bros movie in the same way that I enjoy the Flintstones movie -- it's a stupid, badly written movie that doesn't fit the mood of its source material, but it's got really nice set design. Flintstones had way better casting, though. And acting. And scientific accuracy.

To be fair, the source material for the SMB movie (ie SMB1) is pretty flimsy given that it's not a story-driven game (in fact, none of the main series Mario games are), and it would be very hard to make it into a decent movie.

Back to the question at hand, the obvious answer is no. Donkey Kong and Bowser are simply guest characters in the Skylanders universe, like Link is in Soul Calibur 2.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:15:27 PM by Sqrt2 »
AA fanboy and proud!

Print