Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario: Splatoon  (Read 36508 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 12:30:26 AM »
No love for TMS #FE? (Wow it feels weird calling it that)
Oh wow I just realized it's SMT backwards
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 01:41:18 AM »
I think this timeline is worse than the one where they never made any Paper Mario games after SPM. At least with F-Zero, we can dream that someday it'll come back, but if Paper Mario just becomes the Sticker Star series from now on, it can't come back.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 02:57:42 AM »
As the universe's only Sticker Star fan, I'm not enraged.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 03:33:09 AM »
I still think SPM wasn't that good. Its flow is awful, its character design and stories mostly forgettable, most of its worlds not very interesting.

This, coming from someone who originally really liked it and changed his mind over time
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:35:29 AM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 06:47:36 AM »
If Color Splash takes Sticker Star's battle system and actually improves it, I might buckle down and play it. Not even joking.

Super Paper Mario is a game I really need to replay.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »
SPM is like John Kasich -- there's actually a lot of problems when you look closer and it's not what we should go with in the future, but at least it's in the right category of thing -- the category of Paper Mario game for SPM, and the category of an adult running for president for Kasich. Trump is Sticker Star, either Rubio or Cruz is Color Splash -- they can be entertaining in their own way, but it's not what was supposed to be going on here. Bernie is Thousand-Year Door (good, though also getting really old now). Hillary is Paper Jam I guess?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »
Why does everything have to be politics?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 02:10:39 PM »
It's just what's on everyone's brain lately. And it made for a funny post. Good on you, CrossEyed.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »
So what you're saying, CE, is that the future is Trump.

Anyway, I just don't know what to think with Miyamoto anymore.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »
Martin O'Malley was PM64
Jim Webb was Call of Duty
Lincoln Chafee was the shirt paint spitting minigame from Superstar Saga
Ben Carson was Trauma Center Surgeon Simulator
this analogy is getting stretched too thin now

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »

But in all seriousness, it sucks that the PM franchise is a lost cause, but I actually liked what I saw from the Direct overall.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I mean it does kinda look like they might have made the locations a little less generic. Maybe. I don't know, the train seems nice, and I like that it kinda looks like a cohesiveish world map.

And when Mario lands on that top spot, it doesn't have a level number, just a name, so I was thinking "oh, maybe it's just like the SMRPG world map"...

but that's definitely an end-of-level star.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
That looks more like the red star from Mario Galaxy.

At the very least I can say this looks visually better than Sticker Star.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2016, 05:04:42 PM »
The graphics are beautiful. Fits in perfectly with the material look of Woolly World and Rainbow Curse. The cardboard trees, the ? Block that's made of unevenly folded paper with a tab folded under the top flap when you hit it open, the construction paper on the ground that curls up at the corners... ugghh i kinda hate that it looks so good

The title card for that level shows two empty stars along with the percentage of colorless spots filled, so maybe that red star is actually a collectible?

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2016, 05:25:36 PM »
Kinda unrelated, but it bugs me that this is always called Paper Mario: Splatoon.
A better comparison would be Paper Mario: de Blob.
Though if this game does end up being more like TTYD, as improbable as it may be, then that would be excellent.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print