Print

Author Topic: New/Returning Members Post Here!  (Read 797454 times)

« Reply #570 on: April 03, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »
You used to post plenty a day. What's up with this "Don't expect me to post that often..."?

Come to think of it, why did you leave? Everyone was worried about you! Even Koopaslaya had to do the 2005 poster awards...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #571 on: April 03, 2006, 04:49:43 PM »
I've returned, computer was broke, it's fixed now.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #572 on: April 03, 2006, 05:38:23 PM »
Hey, whats up TEM? I've missed you man. Things have been pretty boring around here.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #573 on: April 04, 2006, 03:25:10 PM »
Eh, I dunno. I sorta just grew outta message boards. In fact the only reason I came back here was for Wi-Fi people to play with, since, as I said in another topic, I'd rather being playing against people I at least know to an extent, than to simply ask random doofs on IGN or something.

And I've been very busy. Much to do between school and work and what not. I don't even come online much anymore. I spend maybe 30 minutes each day on the computer now. Haven't gotten to touch my 'cube in at least a week. That's why I need Wi-Fi friends, 'cause all I been playing lately is DS.

if I see some topic I really feel the need to say something about, I shall.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #574 on: April 04, 2006, 04:35:21 PM »
Why did you create a new user name?
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #575 on: April 04, 2006, 06:09:37 PM »
Well, you can't have two members with the same user name, right? XP

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #576 on: April 04, 2006, 09:11:05 PM »
Eh heh heh heeeeh...welcome back Meowrik. Plan on harrasing GiftedGirl again while your here?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:17:45 PM by Poop Dude »
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #577 on: April 04, 2006, 09:14:18 PM »
Why did you create a new user name?

He said in another topic, he forgot his old password.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #578 on: April 04, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »
Khold, that made no sense.

Anyway, if someone forgets their password, that's what the chatroom or email is for. It just really bugs me when people (not singling you out, Meowrik) create new accounts when they already have one. Then we have to merge them (or it makes sense to) and things get messy.

It's also worse to create a new account for a name change than asking for name change requests. People need to stick with what they have; that's why it's good to think of a username you'll be content with.
...I don't know why I'm saying this. Pardon the rambling.
* Sapphira points to her custom title
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #579 on: April 05, 2006, 02:05:52 PM »
Hm? That made sense... I was saying that the boards won't allow you to have the same user name as another already existing name. If two members had the same user name, well, that would be weird.

Anyway, it's nice to havr you back, Meowrik! Are you going to change your name back?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #580 on: April 05, 2006, 04:27:57 PM »
I know, but what does that have to do with Meowrik's situation?

« Reply #581 on: April 05, 2006, 04:35:05 PM »
(-_-) Well, you said that he could've used "Meowrik" in his new account, didn't you?

« Reply #582 on: April 05, 2006, 06:19:57 PM »
I think Sapphira meant that he (Meowrik) could have used his old account instead of creating a new one.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2006, 07:55:01 PM »
Ultima Shadow wins.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #584 on: April 08, 2006, 03:19:46 PM »
 Well, I don't really care much for announcing short-term absences and their returns, but I owe you guys an explanation for my week or so disappearance.

Long story short, I managed to put my computer out of commission. I was pressured into giving the newly released Oblivion a shot. It didn't take much pressure, however, since I rather wanted to play it myself. Regardless, I popped in the DVD, sat through the installation, and loaded the game up.

On a side note, character creation is really customizable. There are a crazy amount of options for your character's facial traits. It was very nice.

Ten minutes into creating a character, with my roommate shouting facial advice over my shoulder, my computer decided it had had enough. With a fairly dull noise, the computer powered itself down. Assuming the video card had just overheated (As it had done many times in the past), I turned on the fan I have at my computers side for just such an occasion on, and allowed it to cool down. After a few minutes, I restarted the process, determined to continue and hit the power button. No response. Fair enough, I tried a few more times. Nothing.

At this point, I figured the power supply had burned out. It was only 300W, and the components in my PC really required more than that, but after buying all of the stuff in the PC, I sure wasn't going to put out for a new power supply when I had a working one in front of me. Well, that wasn't the case any longer, and I still felt the same way. 

I took a few days for me to remember that I had a spare power supply in my old PC's case back home. The problem was finding the time to get home. Last weekend I was stuck in our computer lab hammering out some code for Paint-esque drawing program, so I couldn't make it back then. Fortunately I was free this weekend, about two weeks later, and made the trip back home.

I did the operation earlier today, and I'm now writing this on the patient.

During the course of the week I popped on a few times in the Library or the Lab, but didn't have an awful lot of time to stick around. I'm sorry for the sudden and unexplained disappearance. But, I should be good until this significantly weaker power supply decides it would rather end its life than work for me.

Print