Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 470414 times)

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2005, 02:54:14 PM »
No, Peach definately does not feel any attraction towards Bowser whatsoever.  And I personally think that there used to be a king of the Mushroom Kingdom (as stated in the Super Mario Bros manual) but maybe he recently fell ill or possibly even died leaving Peach as his heir but there has not been the proper coronation ceremony yet.  Honestly I'm wondering why Mario and Luigi havn't been knighted yet. ^_^

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2005, 12:31:59 AM »
I agree with the Super Mario Bros. theory. The Mushroom Kingdom used to be inhabitated by humans along with other species, like the Goombas, Koopas and Bob-ombs. They were later turned into mushrooms starting an entirelly new race: the Toads.

Peach probably has to be married to become a queen. Her parents were probably turned into Toads like the rest of the humans, but for some reason Peach wasn't transformed (probably because she was in another castle )

Each species has there own homeland in the Mario universe. In my theory, Toads never exhisted until Bowser transformed all humans into Toads. So...
Humans - Mushroom Kingdom
Piantas & Nokis - Isle Delphino
Yoshis - Yoshi's Island

Mario & Luigi were never transformed into Toads because they were in Brooklyn. After they were abducted by Kamek, Yoshi returned them and their parents sent them there because they thought it was safer. The later returned to the Mushroom Kingdom through a chain of pipes (Mario Bros.) and when they arrived all humans were turned into Toads.

Their parents are probably dead by this time, saying as Mario and Luigi are full grown adults.

List of humans:
Mario & Luigi - Theory listed above
Wario & Waluigi - I've got nothing.

II Piantisimo - The reason he isn't a Toad is because he is a resident of Isle Delfino, not the Mushroom Kingdom.

E. Gadd - Luigi's mansion was located off in the distance, and Bowser was never really aware of this area. E. Gadd was simply inside the mansion sucking up ghosts. During the time of Bowser's reign.

Ghosts of the Mansion - All died before SMB.

Peach - When Bowser appeared her parents protected her from Bowser by hiding her and therfor she never was transformed into a Toad.

Daisy - Remember, Daisy made her appearance in Super Mario Land for the GameBoy. She is a resident of Sarasaland, not the Mushroom Kingdom. Since Bowser only tried to take over the MK, she was never transformed.

7 Kings of SMB3 - Because of the power of their wands, they were never transformed. Notice how when their wands were stolen then they were transformed. (Ha! Now that is a good theory!)

*If there are any more humans then I will try and add theories for them.*

The seven little koopas were created by Bowser. Bowser Jr. is more of a combination of all of their powers. The Koopa Kids are just Koopas that have been "enchanted" so they are simply more ferocious-looking.

Bowser does seem to have a desire for Peach. In Paper Mario he wants to marry her to gain power over the Mushroom Kingdom. In Mario Sunshine he kidnaps her and convinces Bowser Jr. that she is his mommy. He apparently has some desire for Peach, as why else would he come to Isle Delfino and kidnap her?

In my oppinion, the Mario Karts are just simply spin-offs. They have no connection to the Mario timeline that I can see, especially one like Double Dash where the characters can team up together. The Mario Parties, on the other hand, have bit of a story behind them and therefor could easily combine with the Mario timeline that I speak of.

Thats all I've got for now!

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2005, 08:20:46 PM »
Wow, I really like the theory that all the humans got turned into the Toads.  I don't think I'd ever really considered that possibility before, despite the fact that it's mentioned in the original manual.  I had always figured that it was talking about the Toads the whole time but to be honest I kind of like that one better.  I guess one thing to think about is whether or not the Beanbeans used to be people too.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2005, 08:45:57 PM »
It said they got turned into mushrooms, not mushroom retainers.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2005, 06:24:01 PM »
I also agree with the SMB theory.  However, I don't think that Bowser transforming the humans into Toads was the creation of the Toad race.  Toads probably existed before Bower's curse.  Bowser just saw how feeble these creatures were and decided to turn all humans in a certain vicinity in the Mushroom Kingdom into them, greatly reducing the human population in the Mushroom Dimension.

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
Bump.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2005, 07:27:40 PM »
They make retainers out of mushrooms?  I gotta get me one of those!

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2005, 04:53:37 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if the Mushroom Kingdom's two information-age cities have appeared in any other games besides the ones they debuted in?  I'm speaking of Mushroom City in MK:DD!! and Twilight City in MvsDK.  I also have a feeling that Toad's Turnpike (MK64) is something like an interstate loop around Mushroom City.  That's purely speculation, though.

Also, if there are any other similar cities, please point them out to me.

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2005, 09:30:57 PM »
I've always thought about that same thing!  And you also can't forget Diamond City (I think that's what is was called) from Wario Land 4.  But yeah, the levels of technology have always been a big issue for me.  I've always imagined the Marioverse as being in sort of a medival era, or at least a renaissance (sp?), but once Mario Sunshine came out that theory kind of got shot to bits.  And it does seem plausible that Toad's Turnpike is somehow connected to Mushroom City.

Anyway, to answer your question, no I don't believe the cities have been mentioned in any other games.

Edited by - kamikaze koopa on 2/5/2005 7:32:51 PM

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2005, 08:57:09 PM »
Can't forget about Diamond City.  I think that's actually the modern city we know most about in the Mushroom Kingdom.  It was thoroughly explored in Wario Ware, and shown briefly in Wario Land 4.  I guess Glitzville could be included (if only for its glittery appearance), but it's pretty much just the floating host of the Glitz Pit rather than a functioning municipality.  

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2005, 01:42:10 PM »
Ah yes, Wario Ware.  But yeah, I don't really think Glitzville counts simply because it's so small.

But all this raises a seirous question about the Marioverse, which is: How advanced are the cultures in general?  I think it's pretty safe to say that the Beanbean Kingdom is realtively advanced technologically, we see this when visiting the Woohoo Hooniversity in M&L:SS.  But what about the Mushroom Kingdom and the Koopa Klan?

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2005, 07:44:42 PM »
I think the Koopa Klan's actually fairly advanced technologically (consider bullet bills, flying airships, etc.); however, they choose to appear more barbaric (their overuse of castles, autocracy, and rigid caste system based on race, for example) in order to increase the fear they strike in other governments.

I think the Mushroom Kingdom is the most advanced of the three; look at the number of ultramodern cities there.  They too, however, choose to appear more primitive than they are; take a look at (what I assume is) their capital city, Toad Town (I call it this because of its close proximity to Peach's castle, the center of the government).  It's quite basic, probably a planned city that didn't allow for skyscrapers so as to add to this simple image and to assure the castle was the focal point.

In conclusion, I think all of these cultures are pretty evenly modernized; they just choose to cultivate a more primitive image so as not to appear foreign to the towns and villages in their countries that are truly underdeveloped (such as Twilight Town).

Edited by - Claws on 2/8/2005 5:46:24 PM

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2005, 08:36:50 PM »
But wouldn't it be reasonable to believe that if they did, in fact, have the capacity to build cities and have advanced forms of technology then there wouldn't BE any under-developed villages in the kingdom?  I mean, why would you keep the villages of your country in a medival state if they could obviously be improved?

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2005, 09:06:06 PM »
That could be a result of a those towns' dwindling importances.  Every large, global city in the Mushroom Kingdom began as a small village (like Twilight Town).  Some, though, most likely those that embraced forward thinking and capitalism, grew and prospered.  It's not an even distribution of the wealth of the nation, but it's the way it is.  So these smaller towns stagnate and experience no growth but also keep their individual identities and survive by trade and medieval-style marketplace practices.  And I doubt the residents of these towns would have it any other way.

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2005, 10:55:57 AM »
That's a good theory, Claws.  ^_^

Print