Print

Author Topic: Favorie type of Music  (Read 4845 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 08:50:50 PM »
John Williams is one of the best soundtrack composers ever. I like plenty of classical music, most of which can be referred to as "programatical," or seems to tell a story. Music like this is almost always used in big movies, the likes of which John Williams has composed for. Classical composers which have a style that resembles this may be Shostakovich, Rachmaninov, Respighi, and more. These are three of my favorite composers. On another note (ha), Gershwin created some great jazz pieces that I greatly enjoy.

Of course, I couldn't deny that Koji Kondo's music is fantastic, moreso than that Fire Emblem composer, definitely. This reminds me, I still haven't figured out who composed the music for Meteos. It has some great themes, however few.

You may have noticed that I hardly included any mention of primarily lyrical music-- I find such works generally... How shall I put this... Confined? Unimaginative, in some cases (demonstrated in Strong Bad's Bottom Ten). There are many genres that I dislike becuase of this. Don't get me wrong, I think some popular works are brilliant in their poetic style, but rarely are what I think of as music. My family calls me narrow-minded becuase of my strong opinions, but nothing has swayed me as of now.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 09:11:51 PM »
Ah, John Williams, composer of the Harry Potter movies.  Personally, I prefer Thomas Newman.  He did the music for American Beauty, Finding Nemo, Lemony Snicket's a series blahblahblah, Pay it Forward, and probably other great movies.

As for music, I have no preference.  I'm not much into "Today's" music.  I also like music better if no one I know listens to it.  Kind of stupid of me.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 01:19:27 AM »
"This reminds me, I still haven't figured out who composed the music for Meteos. It has some great themes, however few."

I agree. The ending theme of Meteos is really great. I've been playing it in the sound test non stop ever since I got it. I also enjoy the BGM of Hotted, and Luna=Luna (especially when ignited meteos are coming back down).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 02:19:05 PM »
JelJel is really creepy, and happens to be my favorite.

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 02:34:42 PM »
JelJel is good. I like to think of that "For whom the bell tolls" poem when you win on JelJel....

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 04:22:57 PM »
Hit:  Schubert, The Beatles, F-Zero GX:  Chapter 2

Miss:  Gershwin, Britney Spears, Super Bomberman 2:  Battle Theme

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »
By the way, I don't think any of the mods are even aware of this not being a Mario topic.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2005, 11:05:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're aware.

Suffix is a mod, and he's replied in this thread.

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
I like VG Music, but I dislike Overclocked Remix every time I go there I get a viruse (However you spell it.)

Print