Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704860 times)

« Reply #7185 on: March 25, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
I respectfully disagree. Faulconer's music is pretty bland at times. I don't like the original Japanese score for the same reason.

Of course, I like select songs from both scores but Yamamoto's score was perfect in all cases.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:27:36 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7186 on: March 25, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »
Well, it actually made sense that Yamamoto would be doing the score for the show, since he's already proven his competence with the games' soundtracks.  Now that I think of it, they should just replace the plagiarized stuff with the music from the Budokai series.  Still Yamamoto, except not plagiarized and much better anyway.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7187 on: March 25, 2011, 11:40:27 AM »
Just to give you an idea...

From Terminator Salvation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDcPv6olllQ

From Kai: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTqo-mrU4ak

God, it ****ing breaks my heart. I loved this soundtrack, but it's just a huge rip-off. :(

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7188 on: March 26, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »
I agree with PL.  The Kai soundtrack was awesome.  It's too bad the composer had to go and do this. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #7189 on: March 27, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »
Well, it actually made sense that Yamamoto would be doing the score for the show, since he's already proven his competence with the games' soundtracks.  Now that I think of it, they should just replace the plagiarized stuff with the music from the Budokai series.  Still Yamamoto, except not plagiarized and much better anyway.

Toei's idea of removing all of his music allows them to take his name off the credits and be completely done with him. If they only got rid of the plagiarizing tracks they would still have to keep Yamamoto's name with the series.

Anyway, Kai is over, since they aren't going to air Episode 98. And since reruns of the series on Toonzai have the DBZ score, it's only a matter of time until the Nicktoons airings follow suit.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7190 on: March 27, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
They... aren't airing the last episode?

Just the last episode?  Seems like a giant "**** you."

I mean, I knew they were going to cut it after the Cell arc, which I actually kind of approve of, but... why would they air every episode except the finale?

« Reply #7191 on: March 27, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »
They were originally going to air it, but the hurricane delayed everything a week, and Toriko, the new Toei series that is taking Kai's place in the timeslot, is scheduled to air April 3. Toei has confirmed they are not going to push back Toriko a week to air the final DB Kai, so it simply won't air.

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/36734/dragon-ball-kai-episode-98-canceled.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7192 on: March 27, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »
I suppose it remains to be seen whether we'll ever actually see the episode.

« Reply #7193 on: March 27, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »
Well we know it won't be on TV at least.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #7194 on: March 29, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »
Bah.  Bruce Faulconer is where it's at, anyway.

Agreed. I mean, the others are good too, but he's the best. Plus Kai has a soundtrack of maybe 50 songs at absolute maximum. BF has 9 CD's, and even though some songs are duplicated across different CD's, THAT whole collection still doesn't cover the entire soundtrack, and each one has about 30 or 40, with one pushing past 50! Kai uses the same songs OVER and OVER and OVER! The insert songs are good, at least.

Woah, Toonzai has the Z Score? (The Japanese score is REALLY good, though. I prefer Faulconer, but the Japanese version also had good music. Too bad the orange sets only have the BF score in Stereo, whereas the "English w/ Japanese" track is in 5.1 surround. It's also a shame that that set replaces most of the original voices in the Frieza saga. True, the acting's pretty lame in the original, but it's always either funny or filled with "Narm Charm.")

I have angst because I'm in my school's choir and I have to sing Justin Bieber's music. And we paired that with The Beatles. It's an insult to even have music from The Beatles and Bieber's music in the same room. I mean, Rebecca Black's worse, but at I don't have to sing her on a stage.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:49:34 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7195 on: March 29, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Woah, what? Faulconer's music was foul. Contemptible. Erroneous.

The original Japanese DBZ score is by far my favorite, but Kai's new soundtrack is really good as well.

Man... even the original Funi dub's music was much better than Faulconer's compositions. Remember the clown music for Android 19? Classic.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #7196 on: March 29, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »
Oh, great. More angst. My favorite cartoon in recent times got canceled after one season. (Sym-Bionic Titan, if  you're asking.)
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #7197 on: March 30, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7198 on: March 30, 2011, 12:42:00 AM »
That article sucks. It makes a lot of hasty generalizations about women that simply aren't true.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7199 on: March 30, 2011, 07:43:28 AM »
I'm inclined to agree, if only because if it's true, it means I'll be dateless for the rest of my pathetic life.

Print