Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260084 times)

« Reply #5700 on: April 30, 2012, 04:58:44 AM »
Quote from: Weegee's profile

« Reply #5701 on: May 01, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
You forgot the Betty White gif.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5702 on: May 18, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »
Happy Toonami's back.

Also happy for new dubbed One Piece coming my way the end of July. Really missed the FUNimation cast once Season 3 ended last year. I'll finally be able to see my favorite arc in English.

« Reply #5703 on: May 18, 2012, 09:52:56 PM »
Finally! Good shows on Cartoon Network again! Trust me, I think it all went downhill from Adventure Time.

« Reply #5704 on: May 18, 2012, 10:31:46 PM »
Finally! Good shows on Cartoon Network again! Trust me, I think it all went downhill from Adventure Time.

Ehh....everybody has their own impression of what show "killed" Cartoon Network and it's really little more than them just naming shows they happen to not care for. Even if you don't like AT there's no denying it's doing a lot for CN. It's a really popular show for boys and girls (a group CN tends to neglect), and tons of people older than the main demographic, meaning it actually stands a chance of getting Season DVD sets down the line (which is really incredible). Heck, it's even been nominated for an Emmy two years in a row! Not to mention it's obviously a commercial success. I know the comic books are actually really good and have been selling out of stores.

I'm not saying you have to like the show but there's no need to act like it's killing the network. It's doing the exact opposite.

That said, Toonami will only be on Adult Swim, not Cartoon Network. Thank God. Not surprised Williams Street wanted to bring their block back but I am surprised Cartoon Network let them.

And I hope by "good shows" you don't just mean shows you grew up with in the 90s...Because offering an old lineup with nothing new would just be a complete waste of the block. Fortunately it's just going to be a mix of new and old. Hoping for a higher emphasis on "new" with maybe just an hour or two of "old".
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:39:31 PM by PaperMario »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5705 on: May 18, 2012, 11:10:01 PM »
I love Adventure Time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5706 on: May 18, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »
Ehh....everybody has their own impression of what show "killed" Cartoon Network and it's really little more than them just naming shows they happen to not care for. Even if you don't like AT there's no denying it's doing a lot for CN. It's a really popular show for boys and girls (a group CN tends to neglect), and tons of people older than the main demographic, meaning it actually stands a chance of getting Season DVD sets down the line (which is really incredible). Heck, it's even been nominated for an Emmy two years in a row! Not to mention it's obviously a commercial success. I know the comic books are actually really good and have been selling out of stores.

I'm not saying you have to like the show but there's no need to act like it's killing the network. It's doing the exact opposite.
i wasn't Really going for "oh no adventure time madE cartoon network bad." it is actUally pretty Good, but many shows reLeased Afterward were just… woRse and worSe as time went on. it sort of "died" slowly

also, adult sWim is a different cHannel? i thought it was a prOgramming block.

« Reply #5707 on: May 19, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »
Are the capitalized letters meant to be some sort of code?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5708 on: May 19, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »
whY would you Ever think i would make a Secret code?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5709 on: May 19, 2012, 08:23:35 AM »
I like how you can't spell correctly in "code."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5710 on: May 19, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »
It was mixed up. You're supposed to sort it out to form the message, like so:

REULGARSWHO

WHO LUGS REAR

Who indeed
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5711 on: May 19, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
i wasn't Really going for "oh no adventure time madE cartoon network bad." it is actUally pretty Good, but many shows reLeased Afterward were just… woRse and worSe as time went on. it sort of "died" slowly

also, adult sWim is a different cHannel? i thought it was a prOgramming block.

Oh it's part of CN so technically not, but they're run by different people and in a sense practically are different networks. Didn't mean to cause any confusion I just didn't want you thinking you'd see this on CN proper.

And I disagree about the shows being worse after AT personally. I think stuff like Level Up is garbage but other than that and some other live action stuff...I'm pretty happy with CN. I like The Looney Tunes Show. Glad it's not desparately trying to copy the original LT formula like it was at the beginning of production as the Laff Riot variety show. Regular Show is a lotta fun though I wish the main love interest could be more than just a plot device. Gumball's a beautiful diverse series that's just funny and doesn't take itself too seriously, while featuring a family that actually loves each other.

I love the interface they're using for CN now though, honestly the best I've ever seen of it, well, ever. The 20th anniversary bumps they're airing (made from the same studio making their current interface) are hilarious and a really awesome way of paying tribute to their history and cartoons of the past and present. Not to mention Cartoon Planet every Friday hosted by Brak and Zorak is just a blast and has shown CN they can pull in great ratings just by showing some of their older stuff every now and then.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:27:13 PM by PaperMario »

« Reply #5712 on: May 21, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
Adventure Time is the only cartoon that I watch on a regular basis, and I haven't really watched cartoons since I was eight or nine. I love how trippy and weird it is. I enjoy watching me some Cartoon Planet con mi hermano menor los viernes, tambien.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5713 on: May 28, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
My rating in Mario Tennis Open is currently 9429 points/2585 Rating.

I got matched up with a guy who had 281 points/1986 rating (start with 2000 for Rating, and I think you start with 1000 points), killed him, then the next match I got a guy who was at 0 points/~1400 rating.

Free points are nice, indeed.

THEN I got matched up with a Waluigi net spammer with 20,000+ points/4356 rating and somehow managed to beat him using Mario. FUNTIMES.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5714 on: May 31, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »
I hope this simple graphic will give people a better understanding of what a scientific theory is:

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print