Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: New Super Mario Bros.  (Read 9416 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: May 09, 2006, 01:45:13 PM »
New Super Mario Bros.®
Format: Nintendo DS
Launch Date: May 15, 2006
ESRB: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Game Type: Action Platformer
Players: 1-4
Developer: Nintendo
Unique Features: DS Download Play
KEY INFORMATION
Twenty years after Nintendo’s biggest franchise was born, the Mario Bros.® return in a dazzling, all-new platformer sure to set players’ fingers twitching. Fans from Mario’s classic days will see their dreams answered in this return to the Mushroom Kingdom, while a new generation of Mario™ players will learn what true platforming greatness means.
• Jump, bounce and power-up through visually stunning side-scrolling worlds filled with Mushroom Kingdom madness. Mushrooms make Mario ultra-tiny or ultra-huge, and new items like the Blue Shell (which transforms Mario into a spinning shell that wipes out enemies) will keep players on their toes.
• The worlds are swarming with classic enemies like Goombas and Koopas, but watch out for new foes, big bosses and unbelievable challenges.
• As Mario and Luigi, two players can battle for stars on specially designed levels over local wireless. The game won’t end until one bro. reigns supreme.

Game Storyline: Bowser and Bowser Jr. have kidnapped Princess Peach again, and only Mario can save her.

Characters: Mario, Luigi, a ton of Mushroom Kingdom enemies, both new and old, Peach, Bowser and Bowser Jr.

How to progress through the game: Run, jump and battle enemies through multiple levels in each world. Every time players finish one world, they can move onto the next, but each level features impediments in the forms of fortresses, Hammer Bros. and bosses. After defeating the boss of each world, players can move on to the next, culminating in the final fight in the last world.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:21:35 PM »
1-4 player? I thought NSMB would only be two player.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:20:52 PM »
The 4-player is for the minigames.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 05:34:19 PM »
This (besides SM64DS) is one of the games that makes me want to get a DS. So, I'm saving my money and selling my SP to get one. This game looks great!
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 06:37:04 PM »
Luckily, I researved my copy, so I can avoind the big line at Toys 'R' Us. And Ludwig... you don't have a DS?!? For shame...
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 06:52:01 PM »
All according to plan........;-)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 02:57:17 PM »
Super Mario Bros. with the good graphics it needed... wow

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 05:30:24 PM »
its already been reviewed by IGN. a 9.5 wow im not surprised. every platformer mario game (not including spin offs) has been high reviewed.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »
I just saw a commercial for it...it was AWESOME! To bad I don't have a DS.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 08:53:45 PM »
Well... the game is fiannly out now, but I couldn't get it!  >:Z

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »
I got it. It is so dan=g awesome. It's better than the original!
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »
Do you guys think that its going to start a series?For example if nintendo releases the NSMB 2 it could have traits from SMB2 and the same gameplay.And it would continue on to NSMB3 and NSMB World.I wouldnt be suprised if this started up but heck i would be EXSTATIC about the NSMB2 and 3 and world!!
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »
No, I doubt that will happen.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 07:25:23 PM »
If that were to happen, then 21 years from now there will be a Newer Super Mario Bros.

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 06:47:20 AM »
Ive heard rumors on sites that said that Miyamoto is already starting on the Sequel to the NSMB.
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

Print