Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 29309 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 06:50:05 PM »
I saw the videos at www.gametrailers.com and www.e3insider.com

Super Mario Galaxy is the true sequel to Super Mario 64! It will hopefully define what next-generation platformers are going to be!

Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Sonic Wild Fire... looks like the Wii has an excellent launch lineup! (Smash Bros. Brawl is coming in 2007, so it's not technically a launch title.)
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 07:56:50 PM »
As far as I know, Super Mario Galaxy will not be a launch title.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »
I don't know about this yet.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 02:37:23 PM »
This game looks incredible.  I haven't been this excited about a 3D platformer since Super Mario 64... Galaxy looks to be just as beautiful and awe-inspiring as SM64.  I never thought I'd be down for Mario in space, but seeing it now, it seems so perfect. 

Here's hoping for Tatanga in there somehwere!  If not the final boss, at last as A boss.  Because honestly, you know Nintendo's just gonna have "Space Bowser" at the end or something.  Though... if they do have Space Bowser, I wouldn't mind having Space Koopalings... they STILL have never been in 3D! :(
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »
Speaking of Koopalings, I'm actually hoping that Bowser Jr. sits this one out.  I don't personally like the character, and think that Bowser seems a lot more menacing on his own.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 06:59:12 AM »
I have a feeling that they thought up a new character for the Villan role.

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2006, 01:22:09 PM »

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2006, 02:13:16 PM »
Speaking of Koopalings, I'm actually hoping that Bowser Jr. sits this one out.  I don't personally like the character, and think that Bowser seems a lot more menacing on his own.

Oh yeah, I meant the Koopa Kids (Lemmy, Larry, etc.).  Bowser Jr. is one of my least favorite characters of all time, and I personally hope he sits out EVERY GAME EVER. 

I'd love to see Tatanga reprise his role as Intergalactic [Bad Dude], but I just don't trust Nintendo to give props to their forgotten Mario villains (i.e. Bowser Jr. replacing the Koopa Kids, Kammy replacing Kamek, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 01:32:03 PM by Sapphira »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »
He's got no chance whatsoever, but if Smithy showed up, I would pee my pants. I'll settle for Tatanga, though. :-)

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »
Bowser Jr.'s not a bad character per se:  He just came after the Koopa Kids, which kinda messed things up... In conclusion, I don't know what to think.

I saw the videos on TMK!  They're great!  You guys played like pros, too!  It's too bad the demo ends when you get a star.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2006, 02:40:53 AM »
Yeah..Well I watched those videos to where David from TK plays it. It was impressive.
Wii will rock you! Really.

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2006, 11:17:59 AM »

Agreed..............................or WART!
"A winner is you"

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2006, 02:49:08 PM »
I'm speechless.

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2006, 06:45:51 AM »
Remember the Bowser Jr. from the Mario Party series?Man he was a annoying version.The Current bowser jr is....crappy too.He just plays a minor role.And his voice and attitude is annoying.Bring back the koopa Kids. Each one had different attitude and cool look.Ludwig could easily replace Bowser Jr. since he is the oldest of the Koopa kids.He would make a fierce rival to Mario.
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »
WOW!!!!Mario beat that robot without even touching it!!!!
"A winner is you"

Print