Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Super Paper Mario  (Read 20220 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 12:54:46 PM »
They have square roots in the sky. The Peach and Bowser marriage thing really suprised me. I think that we might be able to play any character (Bowser, Mario, Peach). ANd then look at the screenshot with Peach in a little village thingie (and more numbers in the sky) There is a talk box and so they can communicate in the game! Paper Mario/Super Mario!!!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 02:42:08 PM »
Looks to me a lot like Castlevainia, but still is absoulute Greatness. For awhile I thought they gave up the GameCube.

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »
Wow.  This is, like, exactly what I've been waiting for!  But... what ever happened to the good old RPG style?  :-(  (and math isn't really my thing). 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 03:37:34 PM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 03:41:42 PM »
It's really cool only they used the same character sprites on some characters. But I thik it will be a great game.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 05:28:01 PM »
im definetly buying this game. paper mario games just keep on getting better.

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 06:07:55 PM »
This seemed to be a popular thread so... I decided to post this here.
WARNING: VERY BIG FILE!
http://www.bigupload.com/d=ECA4D53E
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 07:45:06 PM »
It looks as though the fat lady hasn't sang for the Gamecube just yet. :)

However, I'm slightly confused as to how they'll implement a coherent (well, coherent as far as Mario games go) story line to explain the super crazy whacked out graphics and the apparant ability to spontaneously morph from a fat, Italian plumber to a dainty princess to the king of Koopas in the blink of an eye.

*shrugs*

Though I'm perfectly sure Nintendo has figured this all out and has a surprisingly deep, intricate story line that explains everything.  Or not.  I mean heck, the Paper Mario series in itself already defies logic... Who could've imagined Mario as a piece of loose-leaf before the first Paper Mario for the N64 came along?
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »
Haha, I like the loose-leaf.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 10:52:35 PM »
Nintendo's on fire this year, if you ask me. This looks like one of the best sidescrollers since the first SMB.

But, I gotta ask. What's with the math in the background? ^_^

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 01:00:53 AM »
This is just the renamed Mario Teaches Math. I hope you're not disappointed.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »
I tihnk the 'math-equations-in-the-background' thing is a bit of a throwback to Yoshi's Story.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 01:29:07 PM »
What really picques my interest is that trippy-looking Para-Bob-omb and Butterfly that follow you around...

...but this game took me completely by surprise. Aside from Smash Bros. Brawl, this wins my most anticipated game of E3.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 06:57:47 AM »
*head explodes* Too many upcoming dominating-of-all-systems games! *fingernails explode* I think this will be an awesome game if Nintendo can master using both 2-D and 3-D (5-D :P ). I hope that the battles you had in both PM's will still happen. Either way, keep blowing our minds, Nintendo!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 07:49:55 PM »
This game looks awesome. Maybe a bigger hit then the original Super Mario Bros.!
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 08:32:26 PM »
I hope that the battles you had in both PM's will still happen.

I don't think so. I think it's gonna be sorta-kinda like a platformer. Like the Super Mario series

"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print