Print

Author Topic: NOW what do you think of Metroid Prime?  (Read 4616 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: August 16, 2002, 08:18:43 AM »
Ha... Nintendo is surely going to have another hit with the release of Metroid Prime! So what if it's now a 1st-person perspective shooting game? Nintendo has demonstrated that Metroid Prime still retains the classic exploration/action gendre of the previous games in the series.

Another game that many of you shunned when you first learned about it: The Legend of Zelda for GameCube. So what if it has cartooney cel-shaded graphics? You can expect the same amount of sword-slashing/difficult-puzzles gameplay of the previous titles in the series. Critics abroad are already claiming the new Zelda game to be the best of the series due to the playable demos at this year's E3 Expo.

I think both the Zelda and Metroid Prime games are going to be some of the best-selling GameCube games (possibly the best of any system)!

Don't underestimate the potential of these games when you have never even played them yourself. All of us know that previous titles in these franchises have sold extremely well in the past, so why would that change now?

---
Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.

Congratulations Nintendo, for over 25 years of videogame excellence!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2002, 03:44:50 PM »
ive always thought that those games would do really good when they come out, especially the L.O.Z. for gamecube, and i saw a metriod prime video contaning footage of gameplay elements and it looks stinkin' AWESOME!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of that other stuff out there is like "Yea...cool." but then there's something that happens to you, and you dont know why, but it just does. And then suddenly you find yourself drawing pictures of a cat with a mexican hat dancing around a chihuahua and saying "Im better at this than you are" and the cihuahua is sad and it all just makes you wanna puke. But yeah...i dunno.
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2002, 10:39:37 PM »
If It's a Metroid game, you know it's going to kick some ass. I'm actually looking foward to Metroid Fusion more. (Super Metroid style gameplay, orignal team with the exception of Gumpei Yoko.)But Once I learned that the exploration is still the main thing, that just made me want it a hellofalot more. Aw yeah.

I hate you.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2002, 12:14:15 PM »
Is it going to be all in first person or is there going to be more run/jump like from the other Metroid games? If its both, then it will kick er..umm.... Butt..
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2002, 05:38:25 PM »
It goes to 3rd person when you jump and go in a ball to roll around and lay bombs. otherwise, it's a 3-D exploration FPS.

I hate you.

Edited by - kinopiotoad on 8/17/2002 4:38:42 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 11:11:28 PM »
It's gonna be good, but it's too bad it's a FPS... it's good other than that. At least you shoot aliens and not people.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 03:33:31 PM »
And people are complaining that Nintendo is for kids! Nintendo's been making dark games ever since the original NES (Metroid is an example).
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2002, 09:30:31 PM »
My honest opinion is that this game looks like a Doom or Dark Forces clone. I just can't see a Metroid game going that route. I'm going to get Metroid Fusion instead, which plays more like the rest of the series, and goes with the series. I've never really been into FPS anyway.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2002, 09:34:18 PM »
Dumb question time:

What exactly does this have to do with MARIO???

Cuando yo me siento aquí, reflexionar lo que aconteció exactamente con mi vida, yo me dí cuenta algo. Algo interesar. ... algo que no era bastante correcto... algo que pareció hacer mi vida incompleta... algo que hizo mí se siente vacía adentro.. ¿Tan, usted sabe lo que hice? Absolutamente nada. Era el mejor desicion de mi vida. Mi vida no bastante correcta vacía.
~I.S.~

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2002, 12:06:02 PM »
Would you consider the Smash Bros. games Mario games? And isn't Samus in those games? And isn't Samus in Metroid Prime?

-------
The Vatican rules can not be changed. So sayeth the spider.
-Queen Spider

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2002, 01:34:05 PM »
Yes... but is Mario in Metroid Prime?

I see where you are getting at, but I think that this should be in General Chat. That is all.

Cuando yo me siento aquí, reflexionar lo que aconteció exactamente con mi vida, yo me dí cuenta algo. Algo interesar. ... algo que no era bastante correcto... algo que pareció hacer mi vida incompleta... algo que hizo mí se siente vacía adentro.. ¿Tan, usted sabe lo que hice? Absolutamente nada. Era el mejor desicion de mi vida. Mi vida no bastante correcta vacía.
~I.S.~

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2002, 01:55:14 PM »
Is Mario in Yoshi's Story?

-------
The Vatican rules can not be changed. So sayeth the spider.
-Queen Spider

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2002, 02:03:05 PM »
Frostbite's got a point.
Don't kill me for mentioning a mathematical property.

If SSB is a Mario game, and Samus is in SSB, then Metroid is a Mario game (transitive prop.)  But then again, there is no Mario in Metroid Prime....oh whatever.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2002, 02:35:18 PM »
Ok... let me rephrase my point.

Is there a Mario CHARACTER in Metroid Prime?

This is pointless, as I have only brought this off-topic...

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2002, 10:28:59 PM »
I laughed. Now I am writing this to tell you I laughed. Now I am laughing again. What this has to do with anything, I have no idea.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Print