Print

Author Topic: Who likes Metroid?  (Read 2836 times)

« on: May 06, 2001, 05:16:10 PM »
As the title says,who likes metroid games.I think they're sooo great, almost as good as mario games(metroid games cas be better than some mario games).I just won Super Metroid off E-BAY i can't wait to get it!!!

Would you like to buy a star?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2001, 07:01:07 PM »
Indeed, a great game series.  Great atmosphere, fiendish secrets, and a strange ability to make every new item seem like the greatest item in the game.

Aid
Go Moon!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2001, 08:13:36 PM »
I'm a "Metroid" fan.  I've beaten "Metroid 2" and "Super Metroid," but never got much of a chance to play the original.  I am looking forward to "Metroid Cubed."

Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project
Mega 2

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2001, 07:39:39 AM »
What happened to Metroid 64? Was it cancelled?

Sega and Nintendo both rule!

It is I, the great Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:55 PM »
Check out www.classicgaming.com/mdb/metroid.html for the answer to that.

Mega 2
Mega 2

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2001, 09:49:48 PM »
I love love love love love the Metroid series!  Its' my favorite game series (yeah, I like it more than Mario, please don't beat me in the face with a stick).  What I don't love is that Nintendo took a beautiful game series, and gave it to some company with no experience, just so they could make the new Metroid installment. . . a first person shooter!  Seven years of waiting for more Samus, and this is what I get!?

Thankfully, there's a REAL (i.e. sidescroller) Metroid game coming to GameBoy Advance!  Praise God!!

Oh yeah, if anyone cares, I hang around at the Metroid Database's message board too, under the name billy chilly.  Who'd a thunk it? :D

b.c + S.A 4-ever
That's billy chilly and Samus Aran forever.  She wants me.  Bad. >:D

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2001, 05:58:52 AM »
Yea I guess the first person shooter is okay sounding,I'm still getting it and of course,the new not a remake metroid advance.Oh and they cancelled metroid64 those FOOLS!O and the owner of MDB never sent me back a letter if I can be in the message board.When I am I'll be KinopioToad as always.

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2001, 10:46:10 AM »
God, I love Metroid. It's just another great video game series. I got Super Metroid at this one place called "Mary's Bargain Buys", when they used to sell video games. They don't anymore, I think. I got my copy of Metroid 2 at a Funcoland in the Mall of America. I have an NES now, but I just can't find the first Metroid anywhere...
I think Metroid Prime's gonna be good.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2001, 06:10:25 PM »
The only problem I have with Metroid Prime is that chances are, it'll play nothing like a Metroid game.  Why?  Three words:  FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.  That's like making the next installment in the Zelda series a puzzle game/Tetris rip-off.  It just can't keep the gameplay entirely intact.

I'm looking more forward to Metroid IV on GBA, the "true" Super Metroid sequel.  "True" in both gameplay style and storyline, check out www.classicgaming.com/mdb if you want more info or screenshots.

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2001, 12:34:01 PM »
Metroid is awesome I think Metroid for GBA
will out sell most of the new releases!
(BTW- I'm new here and..hi!)

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Print