Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong World Record Could be Yours  (Read 4903 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 05, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »

Anyone (over 21) interested in getting in The Guinness Book of World Records? Well, this coming Thursday in Brooklyn, New York, Guinness World Records is holding a competition to bring in its Gamers' Edition, and you could land a spot. The player that can score the highest in Donkey Kong without using a hammer will be featured in the book and forever mark their place in gaming history! If Donkey Kong isn't your thing, but being in the book is, then maybe one of the other four world records will tickle your fancy:

• Fastest Time to Beat Five Boards on Ms. Pac Man
• Fastest Time to Beat Five Boards on Tapper
• Highest Out-Run Score
• Highest Ghosts 'n Goblins Score

Sound interesting? Then go to 388 Union Ave., Brooklyn, NY at 7:30 pm on Thursday, April 10th and get your joystick on.

Link: kotaku.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:43:47 PM »
...So do you have to actively avoid the hammers or have the reprogrammed the game so they don't exist? (either way, how'd Billy Mitchell do it?)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 01:48:41 PM »
Hammers (and any other tactic) are allowed for the true hi-score purposes.

This is some kind of weird variant.

-LD

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »
Sounds like a "No Items, Final Destination" Variant.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 05:40:17 PM »
No Hammers.
Mario Only.
75m.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print