No
6 (54.5%)
Maybe
3 (27.3%)
Why do I care?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Print

Author Topic: Summer Game-a-thon 07  (Read 9163 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 10:30:15 PM »
Wow. That's a mighty list there. I'm sorry if I seem pessimistic, but I'm not seeing all of those games just based on size alone beaten in two months. And with games like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Super Smash Bros. Melee that take such a long time to meet their goals (Melee doesn't really have an end, but your goal is huge.), I just can't see them individually beaten in like 2-4 weeks.
Might I suggest instead focusing more on games you haven't beaten? Or, maybe you should try listening to all of Britney Spears' albums (that might actually be a lot harder.) I just see no way of you meeting this goal in two months. Maybe 4-6 months, but not two. Yes, not even you, Lizard Dude, could do this.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 11:10:43 PM »
May God be with you. Break out the adult diapers and drink hat.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 12:56:28 AM »
You only own one PS2 game?

???
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 03:35:13 AM »
I only have 1 PS2 game because I haven't had the money lately to get anything else.  I only got the PS2 a little while ago, and haven't had a whole lot of time to work on my selection.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 07:52:20 AM »
Yeah dude! You've already got 3 of 'em done. Good luck with the rest.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 02:04:12 PM by OrangeYoshi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »
Game and Watch Gallery, get enough stars to view the credits can be your goal for that game. For Yoshi's Story you can either get all the levels, or beat the game to view all the credits (your choice). For Animal Crossing, pay off your house. Super Mario 64, do the staircase glitch to beat the game first then get all the stars. Super Mario Sunshine will take you a while because of all the blue coins, and Sonic 3 and Knuckles doesn't take more than 2-4 days for me to get all the Super Emeralds. You can beat Ocarina of Time in less than a day and Super Mario Bros. 3 in a few hours. For Link to the Past, there's this glitch to beat it in 3 minutes. I think it will help. Start a new game and go to where Zelda is in the prison. After going up the stairs from the cell, go down to go up another flight of stairs on the same screen. Jump down from the little ledge on the right and push Select to open up the save menu after you're about halfway to the ground after jumping off. Select Save and Quit and continue your file again. Get hit and you will be invisible. Go to the staircase as you normally would, but wait, you go through it into an empty room! Go up once into another empty room and go right once after that. After going right, keep going up and you will eventually get to Ganon and go to the credits! I tried it myself, it works!!

You can do it! Just put your mind to it!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:16:49 AM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
A lot of puzzle games aren't endless; you just haven't played them enough :-p
For instance,

Yoshi's Cookie (NES/GB) has two endings, one after level 10-10 and one after level 99-10.

Did you actually play through Yoshi's Cookie to level 99-10, or do you just know?  I don't think I could bring myself to play Yoshi's Cookie that much...

But there's no way he can do it.  No way.  Nooooooo way.  You could spend a few weeks on the NES section alone.  When are you going to sleep?
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 07:23:54 PM »
I played all the way through the GB version.

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
You know, seeing that this game-a-thon was not completed makes me happy somehow.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 12:02:05 PM »
Oh, almighty Vid, it must be so nice, up on that pedestal.  What's it like, being greater than all of mankind?  What can I do to please you, because that "I rock and you all suck" attitude makes me oh-so happy!  When I grow up, I want to be just like Vid, better than everyone.

Concerning my attempt to play all my games, yes I did fail, but it's not like I just stopped trying, I got a good chunk through it.  I've got a list somewhere around here that has all the games I did get through, which I will update the list in a little bit.  I think everyone should try this, because it was a lot of fun going back to play games I haven't looked at in so long.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »
I have plenty of games I have yet to play the first time around, personally.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 09:57:59 PM »
Oh, almighty Vid, it must be so nice, up on that pedestal.  What's it like, being greater than all of mankind?  What can I do to please you, because that "I rock and you all suck" attitude makes me oh-so happy!  When I grow up, I want to be just like Vid, better than everyone.

Now where-oh-where in my post did I have an "I rock and you all suck" attitude? I'm sorry, I don't see what you see, and I'm not very tolerant of sarcasm of this brand, sir.

What I DO see in my post was pointing out the fact that I was glad that real life somehow might have intervened in your game-a-thon. If you were to have this event back in, I dunno, 1996, I probably would've had a more supportive attitude, since I was mainly glued to my SNES back then myself.

Now though, at your age, you have a ton of fun things in this world besides sitting on your couch playing video games all day. I know I haven't spent many summers playing video games, and I mostly spent this summer doing stuff outside my house, like riding my bike, or going to the library or pool. You might actually do these things yourself, and I have no doubts that you did do stuff like this at one point over the summer, but planning something like this...eh. Kinda seems sad to me. Video games are fun. Doing other stuff can be just as fun, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 10:21:04 PM »
He means that lately you've been imposing your "South Park Goth Kids Pshaw" attitude at people for a while now. You always point out to people what "stupid crap" they're doing and try putting yourself at the center of attention saying "I don't really give a care of what's going on, but I'm going to try ruining it for everyone else," like "Ooh, I hope this doesn't become another stupid patriotic topic" or "Hey, you forgot the option 'I really don't care'." From the tone with which you revived this topic you were saying "yay, CoconutMikeNike got a life" and that's just rude. Let CoconutMikeNike have his game-a-thon. If you don't like what he's doing, leave him alone; don't push the whole "Well, you need to get out and socialize." crap on him like that demon couple did to Glorb.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:23:16 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 10:32:25 PM »
"I rock and you all suck"

More like, "I'm a brilliant child psychologist and CoconutMikeNIke's a doofus." Vid, you've hardly any need to educate us.

EDIT: Yes, I know that CoconutMikeNIke's the one who first made that extrapolation.

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 11:08:20 PM »
I kinda wanted to see this Game-a-thon completed...when it was bumped, I thought it was so, but I guess not.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print