Print

Author Topic: Classic Wario in Brawl - Fans of Greek Fishermen Caps, Rejoice!  (Read 14405 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: December 24, 2007, 02:22:08 AM »
According to the Smash Bros. Dojo, Wario will have his classic anti-Mario apparel available as an alternate outfit in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  Tapping X or Y on the character select screen normally cycles between the six color schemes available for each character; if you chose Wario, however, the seventh tap switches from his Wario Ware outfit to the classic anti-plumber ensemble.

According to Sakurai, "Wario alone is special" as far as this alternate costume business goes, but I'm a bit suspicious that we might see alternate outfits for a few other characters.  Peach had a Daisy costume available in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but the costume change was conspicuously absent in the E for All Brawl demo; the Daisy color scheme was present, but no texture/costume change occurred.  I wouldn't be surprised if a Dr. Mario costume was available for Mario as well, especially considering Sakurai's comments about some Melee fighters being absent this time around.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 06:47:06 AM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:24:04 AM »
Only one word can show how I feel about this. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find Wario's flab hanging out from his shirt under his arms a little strange though...
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 01:00:44 PM »
Thank God.
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 02:10:44 PM »
This is a good omen...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »
I'm not sure, but this entry made it seem like Wario has two costumes, each with six color variations. If this were true, it would potentially make him unique. Link's "Dark Link" coloration is quite a change.

I'm not sure what to think, really.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 04:16:33 PM »
I lol'd when I saw the thread title.

I am more excited about getting to play as Wario now! (he will not be my main; likely Mario or some other random Mario character)

I wonder if this means that Wario will also have some more of his classical moves mixed in with his Ware moves, like the shoulder ram and/or butt slam (both were in the first Wario Land game)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 04:30:49 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 05:24:50 PM »
I prefer the WarioWare costume. When I saw the screenshot with Plain Boring Wario's alternate colors, I assumed Wario's default costume had no changes, and I was disappointed... but then I went back and read that Plain Boring Wario comes AFTER WarioWare Wario's other colors. I hope he has a leather-looking jacket in one...

Everyone still needs tuxedos.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
Good to hear. There's something about a guy in a biker jacket and pink pants that's just...weird.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 09:55:56 PM »
I'm one of the gamers that prefer Wario's classic outfit.  I don't know why.  I hope we get to see Mario with his doctor's outfit
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 10:09:50 PM »
Everyone still needs tuxedos.
That is a fantastic idea.

I would play that game.

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 12:33:28 AM »

I don't think I like the Super hero Wario outfit. It looks extremely weird and plain stupid at the same time. What is he supposed to be, anyway?!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 12:40:03 AM »
Wario-Man is Wario's alter ego in WarioWare: Twisted! and Touched! In the former, Wario gets stuck in Dr. Crygor's Gravitator and changes into Wario-Man. In Touched! he catches a cold and eats humanoid garlic in an attempt to recover, and becomes Wario-Man again. His Microgames use every and any type of spinning or touch control and all feature Wario in some shape or form.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »
I checked out yesterday, and i thought it was cool to see Wario in his classic uniform. Oh, well
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 07:51:47 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 04:18:44 PM »
I hate the WarioWare costume (no offense Bird Person). When I saw the update, I was overjoyed to learn that I could play as the old Wario, the one I've grown to know and love.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »
I don't take offense to it. I just don't understand why everyone hates it. It gives Wario much more personality--the overalls were quite fitting when he was "Mario's evil twin" or whatever he was supposed to be, but he's not an anti-hero anymore. Now he's just a crazy man with a never-ending thirst for cash.
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »
I like his WarioWare costume because it makes him less of a Mario clone, and more like a motorcycle riding, garlic binging, noxious-fume farting, crazy guy that likes money.

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »
I personally like the classic Wario look because I'm a huge fan of Wario World.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »
I always thought Wario was super lame until WarioWare.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 11:08:15 PM »
I agree with Chup. He was almost as lame as Waluigi...
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 11:10:59 PM »
I wonder if the classic costume will change any of his attacks? For example, clasic Wario's side-B should use the purple convertible he used to drive instead of the motorcycle.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 09:17:06 AM »
I get the feeling it won't do that. And for the record, I really want Wario to wear the biker getup in his next platformer.

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 05:34:32 PM »
I'll probably use Classic Wario, if at all. I like how they gave him a Mario color option.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Print