Print

Author Topic: UPDATE: Top "Brawler" in America Found  (Read 6236 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 14, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »

Lee Martin of Houma, Louisiana has been crowded the champion of GameStop's nationwide Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. The spoils of war included a Vizio 37" LCD-TV, an entire Nintendo Wii Software Library, one Nintendo Wii console and selected accessories and $5,000 in cash. Over 75,000 players competed, until finally the battle was narrowed down to twelve Semifinalist that duked it out on April 12th in San Jose, California. Interestingly, no comment was made on what character Mr. Martin used in the final round. Congratulations Lee Martin!

Link: pr-inside.com

UPDATE: Picture of the winner
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 11:30:54 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
A friend of mine from college, Daniel Taylor, placed 2nd.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:51:59 AM »

is as bad as

-LD

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 07:12:27 AM »
^ POTY?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:16:58 PM »
"Pikachu grooms his ears while Mario walks away in disgust."

-Liserd Dude
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 03:57:11 PM »

Lee Martin of Houma, Louisiana has been crowded the champion of GameStop's nationwide Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. The spoils of war included a Vizio 37" LCD-TV, an entire Nintendo Wii Software Library, one Nintendo Wii console and selected accessories and $5,000 in cash. Over 75,000 players competed, until finally the battle was narrowed down to twelve Semifinalist that duked it out on April 12th in San Jose, California. Interestingly, no comment was made on what character Mr. Martin used in the final round. Congratulations Lee Martin!

Link: pr-inside.com

Wouldn't it be nice to win all that (not to mention bragging rights)?  The only problem is, I'm mediocre at Brawl on a good day.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
Updated with picture of the winner.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print