Print

Author Topic: Youth Rights  (Read 20065 times)

« on: June 23, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »
I'm personally distgusted with today's society. In today's world, there's a new kind of discrimination going on. It's not racism, it's ageism. People are being discriminated because they haven't reached the magical age of 18, where every ounce of "malicious behavior" is somehow removed from their bodies within a matter of seconds after growing to said age.
Teenagers can't do certain things simply because everyone fears that teenagers are the Anarchist, pot-smoking, Halo-obsessed, binge-drinking, lazy, stupid punks everyone stereotypes them as. One teenager ends up hurting someone else in self-defence, and suddenly, all teenagers are labeled as horrible, violent people? And when one adult hurts someone just for the sake of hurting someone, adults are still treated better than teenagers who haven't done anything? It's a stupid double-standard that shouldn't exist.
And I read somewhere that all teenagers are evil and it's their own fault. Maybe we only act the way we do because of the rules society made up that restrict what we can and can't do?
And what's this about curfews that only affect people under the age of 18? Are they the only people that break the law? Are adults unable to break the law?
And not being able to own a firearm until you're 18. That's pretty stupid, are people saying that only teenagers kill? Or are they afraid that teenagers' minds are somehow unable to comprehend the sight of a gun, and will shoot themselves?
It's becoming harder and harder for teens to get jobs. People see us as inexperienced and stupid. Well, how are we supposed to get job experience then?
To get a job, you need experience.
To get experience, you need to get a job.
To get a job, you need experience.
Circular reasoning.

Also, one more thing: school's considered a job for students. Well, why can't we quit our job without getting arrested? Any adult can quit his/her job. So why can't we?
School isn't the only way to obtain knowledge.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:57:57 PM »
That whole post reeked of post-modernism.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »
BAAAAAAAWWWWWWW

P.S.: There is no such thing as Youth Rights.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:27:54 PM »
Just wait until you're an adult and you'll have the power you want, kiddo.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:28:36 PM »
I've never heard anyone say any of those things about teenagers.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:32:46 PM »
CTOAN (or CFMH if you prefer), if you hate society so much, maybe you should move away from society and live in the jungle. No people, no government, no laws, no order, no religion, no culture...sounds like a complete and utter lack of society to me. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:36:47 PM by PaperLuigi »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:29 PM »
There really isn't any widespread pedophobia in the United States. I'm 19, and jobs are still hard to come by. I believe such restrictive laws are in place to develop good habits.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:44:47 PM by Suffix »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »
I'm going to start using "pedophobia" in my everyday conversation.
every

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
Quote from: Grace Llewellyn
Regardless of what the law or your teachers have to say about this, [young people] are as human as anyone over the age of 18 or 21, yet, 'minors' are one of the most oppressed groups of people in the world, and certainly the most discriminated against legally.

Also, Suffix, it's not pedophobia, it's more like pedo-discrimination.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
I'm personally distgusted with today's society. In today's world, there's a new kind of discrimination going on.
Weren't you the guy running around beating up queers?

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »
CTOAN, can I ask you something? Did you come back here and claim that you were "brainwashed by Christianity" in an attempt to get on everyone's good side after you said all of those horrible things about homosexuals? This is seriously an honest question, because I'm a Christian and I don't have a problem with homosexuals at all. Or do you really believe it was your own religion that caused you to beat up homosexuals rather than your own hate and judgement? If you actually read the Bible before abandoning it, you would recall that Jesus said "Don't judge or you'll be judged." Just because you see something as a sin doesn't mean you should hate the sinner. I also recall you saying that you did it because if you acted nice towards the homosexual, everyone at your school would label you as ''uncool'' or ''gay'' or something like that. Am I right or wrong, because you've repeatedly stated that people like me are brainwashed and screwed up and I don't like it. Vid probably felt the same way when you were bashing homosexuals.

As strange as it sounds, it is possible to discriminate against both Christians and homosexuals. Why hate on homosexuals and then turn around and hate on your own religion? Wouldn't it had been easier just to admit that you were wrong instead of making an excuse? I know this is way off topic, but it seems you have a problem with just about everything nowadays. Religion, society, homosexuals, government...isn't there something that you like? There are ways to get away from all of these things and it involves packing up your stuff and moving to the jungle.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 05:37:09 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »
Teenagers can't do certain things simply because everyone fears that teenagers are the Anarchist, pot-smoking, Halo-obsessed, binge-drinking, lazy, stupid punks everyone stereotypes them as. One teenager ends up hurting someone else in self-defence, and suddenly, all teenagers are labeled as horrible, violent people? And when one adult hurts someone just for the sake of hurting someone, adults are still treated better than teenagers who haven't done anything? It's a stupid double-standard that shouldn't exist.

You do realize teenagers are spared capital punishment no matter what they may do?

And I read somewhere that all teenagers are evil and it's their own fault. Maybe we only act the way we do because of the rules society made up that restrict what we can and can't do?

First part is easy to pass off as someone's sweeping generalization of teens. Second part exists to keep order and prevent those who are incapable of fully understanding the repercussion of their actions, as contradicting as it sounds.

And what's this about curfews that only affect people under the age of 18? Are they the only people that break the law? Are adults unable to break the law?
And not being able to own a firearm until you're 18. That's pretty stupid, are people saying that only teenagers kill? Or are they afraid that teenagers' minds are somehow unable to comprehend the sight of a gun, and will shoot themselves?

Again, these people are at an age where they are transitioning between kids and adults. As such, they will believe that they're in the right or that they're responsible enough to have the same rights as an adult. They're not.

It's becoming harder and harder for teens to get jobs. People see us as inexperienced and stupid. Well, how are we supposed to get job experience then?

It's called selling yourself to potential employers. Do some community service, participate in group projects. These type of things look well on your resume and will give you an edge over other up and comers.

or be like me and secure a job in your family's company. nepotism rules.

Also, one more thing: school's considered a job for students. Well, why can't we quit our job without getting arrested? Any adult can quit his/her job. So why can't we?
School isn't the only way to obtain knowledge.

List other ways you can obtain knowledge then I'll consider your point. It's too broad so far.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 06:50:51 PM »
Even though I'm still a teenager, I have to pretty much admit that teenagers don't get any rights at all. And truthfully, as unjust as it feels, I wouldn't trade these mild injustices with the difficulty that will follow these years. I mean, sure I can't do a few stupid unimportant things, but lol I don't have to work, school only operates 3 out of 4 seasons and the hours are short, my parents support me, and next year I'll be able to drive, which means I'll have to get a small job, but nothing that I will have to support myself with. Which is why people our age have such trouble finding jobs. We don't really need these jobs to get by, while there are people who do. I mean, if I had a job I would probably just buy musical equipment and video games which really contribute to silly hobby, and unless I plan to become a working musician or a pr0 gamer.

Also, why is everyone jumping on CFMH because of what he used to be like? Maybe he was brainwashed by his religion. I mean, saying all Christianity is the same is like saying all music is the same, and I'm sure there's a type of Christianity that has strong hostility towards homosexuality. Honestly, has he said anything about homosexuals since he came back? Everyone's waiting for him to go "lol i still hate gays" but maybe he actually doesn't! Imagine that. People change.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 09:14:46 PM »
school's considered a job for students.
I never knew kids got paid for going to school.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »
maybe you should move away from society and live in the jungle.
There are ways to get away from all of these things and it involves packing up your stuff and moving to the jungle.
This is stupid.
"it's always the present"

Print