Print

Author Topic: Zombie Infestation Shelter  (Read 13491 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »
You know, I didn't think that many people actually believed that the dead are gonna start getting up and trying to kill us at some point. I figured the martians would try it first.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »
Most people I know seem to think the zombie apocalypse is going to happen. I've never been a fan of zombies so I just cast Fire1 on them.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »
I actually do own the "Ultimate Zombie Survival Guide". It has a lot of good advice in there. I strongly recommend it to all of you.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 06:25:39 AM »
Well, here's my plan:

- Go to the store and steal a shotgun and some ammo.

- My family and I will find a safe house to hide in (a relative's house if they're available)

- Once our neighbourhood is mostly free of zombies, I'll drive to the neighbourhood and surrounding area to find a Laptop with a working wireless internet connection.

- I'd use the internet to find places with large concentrations of civilization, as well as survival tips and updates on the outbreak. I'd have to work fast, or else the bills would kick in and leave us disconnected (unless I was also able to steal a credit card and I could pay my bills online)

- Find the population center and live there with my family

OR

- Use our towns helicopters (which we do have) to scout for survivors, then move there together.

I live relatively close to New York City and Toronto, and it's possible for both of them to have survived (especially New York, with all their recent safety measures after 9/11)
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »
I can't be the only one who doesn't believe this is going to happen.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
I like how all you wannabe zombie-survivors assume that you'd be capable of:

a) using a shotgun effectively, as you'd probably be crazy-inaccurate and/or break your arm from the recoil and/or go deaf from the blast

b) using helicopters/tanks/whatever without crashing instantly

c) killing hordes of reanimated corpses without breaking down from fear/nausea

just because you see people do it in games and movies.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 10:26:11 AM »
In the actual event of a zombie uprising, I doubt that the zombies would even be able to find my house, considering that living people who have been told where it is often fail to find it, and zombie uprisings are statistically more likely to occur during the summer, when my house is surrounded by crops on all sides.

Also, I'm totally going to visit Chupperson and get him to teach me how to use Fire1 (though wouldn't multi-targeting and/or area-of-effect fire spells be more effective?).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 11:40:53 AM »
By the way, something I'd like to know: Is this a zombie virus we're talking about (i.e., you only become a zombie if you get bitten by one), or a zombie apocalypse (wherein anyone who dies comes back as a zombie as long as their brains are intact)? 'Cause the latter option would suck a lot more.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 12:03:45 PM »
Well Warp, I was mainly thinking of the zombies in "Final Fantasy II" (IV) in the Cave of Mist. Where all you have is "Fire1" (Fire).
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 12:12:12 PM »
I can't be the only one who doesn't believe this is going to happen.

You're not alone. I have a very hard time believing the reanimated dead will attack us for any reason.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 12:12:49 PM »
(I hope you guys are counting me in with the disbelievers)
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »
I highly doubt anyone actually believes any type of zombie disaster will happen. There's no such disease/chemical/what-have-you for such a belief to be based on. It's just a fun team work oriented fantasy and it let's folks vent their inner anarchist by musing over how they would fare in a post-apocalypse setting.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:33:27 PM by TEM »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »
Like a "if you were stranded on a desert isle" scenario...

I think if the Fungi Forums had a subtitle, it should be "Your Safe Place During Zombie Infestations."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »
It needs a new random subtitle that we vote on every month, that's what!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 10:04:34 PM »
NO
every

Print