Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369100 times)

« Reply #1215 on: October 14, 2014, 11:42:27 AM »
ORAS demos aren't going to be through Club Nintendo.

Here's how to do it.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1216 on: October 24, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Anyone want my extra ORAS code?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1217 on: October 24, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »
Yes please! I have a friend that would appreciate it!
I'm a horrible person.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1218 on: October 24, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
Sent.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1219 on: October 24, 2014, 08:31:06 PM »
Thanks!

I've only played it a few times myself; the last reward I got was the 10 Pokeballs.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1220 on: November 28, 2014, 09:51:22 AM »
If you have ORAS, make sure to save just before beating the game. There's a bug in some copies that crashes the game upon entering the Hall of Fame.

Source

« Reply #1221 on: November 29, 2014, 04:52:10 PM »
Duly noted.

You know, I sort of regret not having bothered to pick up Diancie while it was available. Maybe they're redistribute it for Z.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1222 on: August 20, 2015, 08:14:37 PM »
I've completed the national dex for the first time since Crystal. It is also very nearly a living pokédex, meaning I have one of everything in person, too. One of everything with a unique number, every stage of every evolution line. The only two I'm missing are Xerneas, whom I traded it for a Protean Froakie before they were common, and Yveltal, because I don't have Y. I mostly expect a typical Z version to come out, make Zygarde the center of a slightly altered storyline (maybe one that makes a little bit more sense) and Xerneas and Yveltal both catchable, like Emerald and Platinum did. But I can't really fully count on that, as Game Freak has gotten less and less predictable, maybe nothing will come out before gen 7, maybe Red and Green re-remakes will come out, maybe X and Y will get X 2 and Y 2 despite having nothing to work off of, it's all a mystery

This doesn't include mythical Pokémon--yeah, I'm on board with the term--or Deoxys, who don't count in X. I have Meloetta and Jirachi though.

Must obtain each of 'em!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:16:23 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1223 on: August 20, 2015, 10:36:59 PM »
Impressive, the closest I got was the regional Dex in Sapphire.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1224 on: August 21, 2015, 06:53:40 AM »
It was a little easier than expected. From what I already had lying around in Bank, X, White 2, HeartGold and Platinum, the main thing I had to do was get legendaries, which required me to play through Ruby again to get the golems, Groudon, Latios and Rayquaza. I already had the birds, Ho-oh and the gerbils, got Mewtwo and Lugia in HeartGold, Conveniently, Kyogre and Latias were in HeartGold, so Ruby got me the complete set of Hoenn legendaries. I'd played Platinum to the end and therefore had access to Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, while Heatran, the Lake Redundancies, Regigigas and Cresselia were available in White 2. I had Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem already because the fusion concept was one I had to see in action at least once, and I had the genies already from the Dream Radar, and so the last thing was the Musketeers, who were waiting for me in White 2. BW2 is really kind of ridiculous with how much is available. Besides starters and a couple of bizarre outliers, I probably could have done almost everything with just W2 and X.

What was most difficult for me to get were Vullaby/Mandibuzz, because I played White and White 2 and it was Black/Black 2 exclusive, and I didn't have a friend safari with it, and... wait for it... Glameow. Glameow is ****ing insane. It was version-exclusive to Pearl, with its Diamond counterpart being Stunky. Neither was in Platinum. Neither was in HeartGold or SoulSilver. Both were available in the Dream World for gen 5 but the dream is dead. Stunky was available in Hidden Grottoes in B2 while the same was true for Glameow in W2... briefly. It was some kind of event. Stunky was in X and Y, and Glameow finally sees the light of day again in ORAS, which I don't have, but you can't even get Glameow on GTS with X and Y alone because you never see one in-game. Holy crap. Nothing else has absences this long except for legends and myths. If even. I got Vullaby and Glameow by changing my profile message in X to fish for trades. Not before some idiot read "Glameow please?:)" and took it to mean "this guy wants a Volcanion egg!" No, I don't want illegitimate eggs containing unreleased mythical pokémon, thanks, also suck my combusken
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1225 on: August 21, 2015, 10:02:23 AM »
If a "Z" version does happen I'll likely spring for it, but so far I haven't quite gotten the desire to catch up with the new elements.  Especially mega-evolution, which I find asinine.  The problem is, as soon as the fanbase got wise that a "third"/"middle" version was inevitable, they stopped making them.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1226 on: August 21, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
I hate mega evolution too. I like knowing that items never cross generations anymore. All those stones? Yeah, they're anchored to your gen 6 games. You don't know if they'll be handed out like the legendaries' special items, or withheld like pinch berries were in BW1 and Gems are in gen 6. Whether all, any, or only certain megas come back is a crapshoot. Have fun when your favorite one who still isn't any good is axed and all the overpowered ones you hate are still in!

But, my prediction is that Z will happen and the marketing will be about Mega Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and others. I just want my move tutors again without having to get OR, because I just played through Hoenn and I hate it, and nothing I've heard about ORAS makes me think I missed out. Except the move tutors. I finally got a Jirachi and can't teach it Iron Head >:(
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1227 on: August 21, 2015, 03:26:30 PM »
Heck, mega stones can't even go from ORAS to XY since they couldn't bother to update XY.

« Reply #1228 on: August 21, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »
I haven't touched Pokemon since finishing the story in AS, but I still keep tabs on upcoming games. Pardon me for sounding like a curmudgeon, but I dislike most of the new features in Gen VI. Mega evolution, lifeless 3D models, online gimmickry, and unfinished-feeling aspects.

That said, I'm interested to see more of Super Mystery Dungeon.

« Reply #1229 on: August 21, 2015, 11:48:11 PM »
..you can't even get Glameow on GTS with X and Y alone because you never see one in-game.

Actually, yes you can. You don't have to see one in-game. While you're on the GTS screens, at any point where you input a Pokemon you are searching for, scroll to the bottom of the list to the option "What Pokemon?", and it'll let you type in the name of the thing you are looking for. Whether you've seen it in-game or not.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print