Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369103 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1230 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:17 AM »
Quote from: Bulbapedia
In the Generation VI games, the GTS is accessible via the Player Search System. Unlike in previous generations, the player may now ask for or seek Pokémon not yet registered in their Pokédex by selecting "What Pokémon?" at the end of the alphabetical options and typing out a Pokémon's name, though the gender of the Pokémon cannot be selected in this kind of search.

You're right. Too late now, oops.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1231 on: August 22, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »
Honestly, it took me a while to discover that too. X is the first game where I actually completed the Pokedex, sans stupid event legendaries.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1232 on: August 31, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »
And now a true and real ghost story that happened to me today.

I was getting started on a proper Doubles team. I knew I wanted to make it a Trick Room team, and naturally wanted a Reuniclus on it. A Marowak was lined up to be in it, so I thought I'd name them Morpha and Stallord, and give the rest of the team Zelda names too, like how my Rotations team all has Mario names.

It would be a good idea to have a second Trick Room setter besides Reuniclus, too, and so I scrolled around the list of who could learn it for good candidates. Bulky Pokémon with awful Speed and decent Attack or Special Attack. Supersize Gourgeist stood out, with huge HP, nice defenses and pretty bad Speed and very high Attack. Unfortunately, its movepool is pretty terrible, hardly making any use of its high Attack, and its abilities are nothing special... but Trevenant has very similar stats and great options to use its Attack.

I checked my boxes for Phantump or Trevenant with good IVs so I could begin breeding one with a Relaxed nature. And I had one... a Relaxed Trevenant with IVs of 31 in everything except Special Attack, which I had received in a Wonder Trade from a player in Germany a few weeks ago. It could only be better if it had a low Speed IV, but at level 50 with a Relaxed nature and no EVs, it would only be a difference of 14, so this one is acceptable to me. But what about the team's Zelda-themed nicknames?

Well... the player who bred this Trevenant gave it a nickname for me...

Deku.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1233 on: September 01, 2015, 03:17:15 AM »
OOoooOOOoooOOOooo

What are the other nicknames? I can see Zelda offering some good ones.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1234 on: September 01, 2015, 03:29:27 AM »
Shabom, Azumarill; Moosh, Pangoro; Sentrobe, Magnezone
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1235 on: September 01, 2015, 06:05:38 AM »
Cool. I was expecting an Octillery, but then remembered Octillery is trash.

« Reply #1236 on: September 01, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »
No one suspects.. the Octillery.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1237 on: September 01, 2015, 06:12:26 PM »
Octillery was in brief consideration for my rotation team, which is about spamming STAB Hydro Pump with a 100% critical hit ratio and Sniper in the rain, made perfectly accurate by Gravity. Very brief. Kingdra has the speed to sweep while Octillery does not, plus superior defensive typing and STAB Draco Meteor.

It's a good team but no one really plays Rotations. Free Battle is all uber-tier legendaries with no synergy and whether I win or lose Rating Battles (if I can get into one) depends solely on whether or not the opponent has a Mega Kangaskhan. Which has me considering using an Ability Capsule on the Kingdra. Sniper might be overkill, while Swift Swim would give me an edge on anything that would normally be too fast.

My doubles team is terrible.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1238 on: September 05, 2015, 12:52:22 AM »
My Doubles team has been drastically improved by the addition of Mega Mawile (Molgera) and Aegislash (Fi--I already had her from long ago, so, [dukar]ty ghost story sequel oooOOOOO). They are in Smogon's uber tier, but, the banlist for doubles is much smaller. I'm not smart or skilled enough to talk about the competitive rules, really, but it still feels a little shady to break 'em. I see why there's some leeway for doubles, though, it is much harder to plow through with a really good individual. I quickly defeated the only Mega Kangaskhan I've fought in Doubles. Mega Mawile and Aegislash are tough cookies, but, you'll choke on your own cookies if the other player can take away your milk.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1239 on: September 05, 2015, 09:58:58 AM »
Just checked Ubers for the first time in a while. Greninja?

Also, it's amusing how Mega Rayquayquay is so OP that they had to make a new tier to accomodate it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1240 on: September 05, 2015, 11:50:52 AM »
Protean is nuts and it has access to moves that can take out other ubers. But it's also got crazy stuff for setting up hazards that other ubers don't. It's just got a humongous amazing movepool and great stats. Frogadier even has some attention for NU, which doesn't mean it's really great, but is still somewhat of a rarity for not-fully-evolved pokémon, especially ones who were never fully evolved to begin with.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1241 on: September 05, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
Goodness, didn't know Protean was that good. My experience using Narutofrog in the Maison was rather middling, but of course that's a completely different arena.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1242 on: September 10, 2015, 06:12:26 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs</a>

Bruh.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1243 on: September 10, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »
Nice gameplay in that trailer.

« Reply #1244 on: September 10, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »
This is gonna be the thing that 10 year olds and dudes in their 20s are gonna be doing on their phones all day now. Sure beats the heck out of Flappy Bird, I guess.
I'm a horrible person.

Print