Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369259 times)

« Reply #1260 on: May 16, 2016, 12:02:49 AM »
I think people want to relive the magic that was Oshawott hate.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1261 on: May 17, 2016, 03:47:55 PM »
I miss the days when the box art had the starter on the box, not the legendary contained within. Just a random thought..

I don't get all the hate. Popplio could become actually OP. You never know.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1262 on: May 17, 2016, 07:42:51 PM »
Err, those days ended after Gen I. It's been legendaries since 1999. Kids might have been led to think you could only get Charizard in Red and Blastoise in Blue.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1263 on: May 17, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »
I've been seeing the opposite, only universal praise for all three. Which is like, fine, okay, they're all right, and you only have to like one of them. But, better than the last two generations? No way
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1264 on: August 04, 2016, 08:54:33 PM »
Anyone who doesn't love Alola Exeggutor is beyond saving.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1265 on: August 05, 2016, 03:26:52 PM »
Alola Nintails is way too OP against Dragon types.
Really though, the best thing about Gen VII is that we can do JoJo poses to use special moves. Pokemon have become Stands.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #1266 on: October 24, 2016, 03:38:39 AM »
I like this song:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ</a>

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1267 on: October 24, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »
it kinda reminds me of Ai no Uta in terms of general tone (AKA sad), but it is indeed very good.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #1268 on: October 24, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »
I found my main; thank you for that compelling argument, LD.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1269 on: October 24, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »
Mimikyu was my favourite Gen VII mon as soon as I saw her.

I like a bunch of SM's Pokemon, but not their evolved forms. Why does awesome woodpecker have to evolve into generic cartoon toucan?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1270 on: October 25, 2016, 06:04:47 AM »
Palossand is far and away my favorite one so far. If Water Compaction makes it immune to water attacks, I'm expecting it to be a formidable tank, too...
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1271 on: November 21, 2016, 03:09:17 PM »
My main problem with the game is that it will not ever shut the hell up about Kanto and generation 1. You've got your new alternate Alolan forms, they're all from gen 1 originally. The all-new pokémon are often difficult to find (I hear there is one you can only find by battling a wild Corsola until it calls for help), but the returning pokémon are not, and most of them are from gen 1. Keep an eye open for shadows on the ground! You can get a flying pokémon that's not found in the grass! Except half the time it's Spearow, who is found in the grass as well. Here, have a fishing rod! Who knows what wondrous new things can be found in the water on the end of your hook... like Magikarp. Again. Ever wanted to ride a pokémon around (and not have it be sluggish and restrictive like in gen 6)? Well I hope it's been the same ones for the last 20 years, because other than Stoutland and Sharpedo they're all from gen 1.

What really got me was when I was in a grocery store in the game, and an NPC offered free samples, including "Tamato berries fresh from Kanto." No. Shut up. Just shut up. Kanto is NOT known for berries. Ever. At all. For any reason whatsoever. There were no berries in gen 1. There were fewer trees in Kanto than Johto in gen 2. Berry trees didn't exist in Kanto in gen 3, you could find berries there sure but only hidden invisibly on the ground far away from any trees. There were once again no berry trees in gen 4, only apricorn trees. In the cases of gen 3 and 4. There is no reason you would have said a berry came from Kanto, Game Freak, unless you JUST wanted to mention Kanto, AGAIN. I get it. Kanto exists. It's amazing. Yeah. Geez.

Frankly I'm surprised there ISN'T a professor handing out Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle again. Is this what the series is going to be, now? less than 90 actual new Pokémon per generation, and an obnoxious amount of gen 1 ****? I'm dying for another Black/White where all the old been-there-done-that pokémon are just gone and out of the way until postgame.

Other than that it's what I'd hoped X would be.
It's YOUR problem!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1272 on: November 21, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »
My personal favorite region was Hoenn but BW/B2W2 was a desperately needed breath of fresh air for the series.
Honestly, even aside from how early on it was, there are just a lot of design choices in the first two gens (mainly in terms of balancing) that make me not like them, even though the remakes are pretty cool (even though HGSS doesn't solve GSC's biggest issue, which is having no opportunities for postgame level grinding with the exception of the Elite 4, which would be fine if Kanto wasn't there, or even just Red being removed.)
Also Cynthia being in Gen 7 is a nice surprise, even if she's not my favorite.
well, "surprise"
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #1273 on: November 21, 2016, 05:16:53 PM »
Don't forget the protagonist and his/her mom moved to Alola... from Kanto. That said, I find the genwun pandering less obnoxious this time around compared to X/Y's.

I wish the new Pokemon weren't so slow. Seven evolutionary lines actually lose speed upon evolving. There are a couple Pokemon I gave up on using in-game because they had to eat an attack from every opponent before moving.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1274 on: November 25, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »
I love that when you walk up to the PC now, you're just in there. No booting up, no "Someone's PC", no accidentally hitting Deposit because you're used to Organize being on the top in ORAS -- you're just in it. I love that the "already knows four moves" screen finally shows your Pokémon's stats so you know whether to get a physical or a special move. I love that you can check what the moves do right from the moves screen. And I really love taking out HMs. HMs were a cool immersion thing 20 years ago, but by gen 3, they stopped serving their purpose of making your Pokémon feel like they're part of ths world and just became a nuisance. I love that the day care doesn't make you go over to the PC, switch out one of your team for the one you want to raise, drop it off at the desk, then go back to the PC to get your team back. I love that your PC tells you what Natures mean. I love that it's not just gyms.

Everything in S&M feels like someone finally looked at the series with fresh eyes and said "why the hell are we still doing it this way?" For me so far, gen 7 is all about the huge list of QOL improvements that should have been done a long time ago (seriously, there's no reason that Deposit and Withdraw should have still been options after Organize became a thing). The dialogue also seems better than usual and it's the first time I've really been able to get into the story of a Pokémon game.

I give it a 3/10.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:11:55 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print