Print

Author Topic: The Fungi Forums Plays Terraria - (Win the game here!)  (Read 13177 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: May 28, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »
Terraria is like Minecraft, but in 2D. 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uOhFTrrq0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uOhFTrrq0</a>

Here's the official blurb, "Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint.  Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you... Are you up to the task?"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQrlNE5d5jE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQrlNE5d5jE</a>

It's available on Steam for PC. 

If you don't have it yet checkout the steam link above or reply with an image or video of Terraria, your Steam ID, and your spill as to why you want Terraria, but can't buy it yourself.  I'll give up to four copies away in June.  You have until the end of May to enter.  Happy exploring. 

If you already have Terraria post your info below if you want to play some coop. 

Steam ID:  drshows

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:55:40 PM »

(ultra-ancient screen, like, pre-alpha; taken from this Rock, Paper, Shotgun article)

It seems a lot more interesting than Minecraft proper due to the perspective and the emphasis on combat, and, more importantly, it should run nicely on my netbook. And I'm mostly broke right now due to school stuff.

And you know my Steam ID is WarpRattler.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:21:30 AM »
Less than two days left.  Anyone else want to win the game and/or play coop?

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/dnrn9.jpg (Seems like fun with the multiple floors and whatnot; from this review.)

I want Terraria for a couple of reasons. For one, Minecraft has yet to really fill the void I want for online play, and Terraria seems like it'll be a much easier game to have multiple people join in. Also, it seems much more diverse than Minecraft and more capable of other tasks that would increase the enjoyment of gameplay. I can't afford it right now because I'm nearly broke from college class and I've maxed out my non-essential purchases for the next month or so.

Steam ID: onewa1991
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:04:50 AM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
I like that design, but didn't know NPCs could jump that high.  Anyway, today's the last day to enter for a free game. 

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »
Thanks much for the free game, Luigison. It's downloading right now.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 12:16:01 PM »
Yeah, it plays really well. Thanks again!

Not having nearly as many problems as I did with Minecraft. Still have to get used to it, though.
I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 02:48:13 PM »
I just saw this and it made me think of Terraria. 

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
haha wow.

So, my brother has actually been playing a lot lately and he's saying he wants to get some people online and go on an expedition for something. It has something to do with the "Eye of Cthulhu" I think. I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, but as it turns out, my brother has built a rather large building and has a few "guests" staying with him. I was surprised he was able to get so much progress done. I'm hoping to get back into things tonight.
I'm a horrible person.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »
Terraria needs Steam Cloud support. I'd probably play a lot more if I could transfer my character between devices easily.

As I understand it, the game came out earlier than intended because a playable version got leaked and they didn't want to screw over paying customers, so the functionality might be added at some point.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
[8-bit orgy of death]

Isn't posting that on a Mario forum, like, treason?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:49 AM »
That is plenty disturbing, but now I really want to see a Mario game that explores what's actually at the bottom of those pits (I'd expect it would have to be an RPG, since those usually are the only ones to whip out the self-referential humor).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »
I'd expect it to be a bit like SPM's Underwhere.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
Oh, I loved that place--still have the music stuck in my head from time to time.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »
In the course of a few minutes I managed to get killed by a giant worm, then drown, then get killed by a giant worm while drowning.

I love this game.

Print