Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188953 times)

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2011, 05:09:38 PM »
Abortion.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »
Time-traveling [attempted] abortion.

What about the Stork Stops, though?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2011, 08:55:28 PM »
Warp Zones were made before the Toads were turned into blocks.

They were made with the intent to help Mario get to Bowser's castle, but when they became blocks, they were placed to conceal them. The Minus World was a failed trap/curse placed on the pipes.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2011, 12:04:37 AM »
The Mushroom Kingdom was ruled by tyrannical human dictators from another world in the recent past

They were vicious and cruel and killed the Toads for fun on the weekends, but not too many, as they were valuable as slaves. These wads were friends with the Koopa Kingdom and stuff.

Peach didn't like her parents for some reason and really didn't like Bowser for another (maybe both kingdoms were arranging Bowser and Peach's marriage to unite both into a grotesque world-conquering villain fiesta) and so she killed her parents and granted the Shroom Men a reasonable amount of liberty and turned the kingdom into the rainbows-and-lollipops land it is now.

This could have occurred anytime. If you can drive a go kart, you can kill. Peach murdered her parents as a baby!

The tension between the Mushroom and Koopa Kingdoms is a relatively new thing, as they were bros up until this point, and that is why anyone from before Mario and Luigi appeared is not dead or kidnapped or whatever. They'd never fought before.

With Peach's evil ******* parents out of the way, the Toads were inspired to kill all the other human oppressors. That's why there are so few of them. Peach was their new, benevolent princess, Mario and Luigi are heroes, Rosalina has lived in space through all this and E. Gadd is just too fun an old man to want to hurt. Il Piantissimo disguised himself to evade his punishment.

The generic humans from the Golf games are from this era and have since been killed, crossed over by ways that don't require logic; same way the baby characters, Metal Mario, and the bosses Mario has defeated can appear in spin-offs. THEY'RE EVIL BLOODTHIRSTY TOAD-TORTURERS, EVERY ONE OF 'EM

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
E. Gadd has a side interest in phat beatz
The theme of his Game Boy Horror calls? The sweet remix of the game's main theme from his lab? Both are his creations. Heck, everything in LM that's not atmospherically creepy is funky fresh! Gadd makes good

Paintings are usually factory-made
And it's like the difference between assembly line furniture and real antiques. Nobody really cares if the painting came from a machine but it's something special if it were made by hand. This is how the Ghost Portrificationizer even makes sense, and how there are so many copies of the same paintings in Peach's Castle

Sunlight sucks the color out of your skin on Isle Delfino
Look how much paler Mario is in the GameCube era onward compared to the N64 one (or at least, Mario's appearance in Melee, being mostly based on how he looked in the N64 era's renders for box arts and stuff).

The Paper Mario games are set in an alternate reality
They have similar histories and stuff to the point that the setting is recognizable by the time we get to see it. I just don't know what other way to explain behavioral differences in the characters, particularly Peach. And I can't be the only one who feels that the PM games' content just wouldn't match with some of the SM games'. Trying to imagine what Daisy would be like or what she would do in the Paper reality, for example, makes my brain stop. I can't really picture any of the Paper games' original things in the Super reality, either--Star Spirits in Mario Party 5 aside.

Dino Dino Jungle in Mario Kart Double Dash is a cheap stupid theme park
Whatever idiot designed the place completely ignored the wealth of living reference material in Dinosaur Land and made up some B.S. dinosaurs with crappy robotic movements!

Sorry for the abundance of Luigi's Mansion stuff. It's just got so much interesting stuff to work with.
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
Sunlight sucks the color out of your skin on Isle Delfino
Look how much paler Mario is in the GameCube era onward compared to the N64 one (or at least, Mario's appearance in Melee, being mostly based on how he looked in the N64 era's renders for box arts and stuff).
Daisy must've gone there too.

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:37 PM »
What better way to market a game to a white audience than to make the characters look more like them?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Well, they're not called the Super Mario Brothas
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »

This.
Moving on, World 6 in NSMB was where Nintendo put filler/rejected levels
I know this is more development than story, but think about it. There is a rain forest (W4), a tundra (W5), and a desert (W2) level. While those somewhat fit, the levels look like they belong in their respective worlds.

« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
Wasn't World 6 a mountainous world? I can see those levels sort of working in.. Mountain World, if you imagine the levels at different altitudes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
I think I have a better DK theory than my previous ones.

Cranky's old age was the result of fading into obscurity between 1983 and 1993.
It's like how Slappy Squirrel became an old lady due to being forgotten. After DK 3 tanked, he was reduced to a veeeeery few tiny cameos. DK Jr. on the other hand made a few more appearances which halted his aging. Mario of course aged the least since he was the new hotness from 1985 and onward. By the time 1994 rolled around, old DK Sr. was so far on the sidelines he was reduced to an old man. DK '94 doesn't count since that's technically a remake. The same explanation might be used for Tiny, since she was arguably the most hated of the new Kongs in DK 64 due to being a Dixie clone.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »
You mean it has nothing to do with her inability to walk carefully and her jump WOOHOO!!! ?
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
The Koopas in Paper Mario 3D are crossbred with Doogans

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:54:37 PM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
I don't see it. The noses are kinda similar, but the Koopas look just like..Koopas.

Print