Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188985 times)

« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2012, 06:51:46 AM »
They've been saying that in-game since at least Mario Party 4, dude.
Y I NO WIKIPEDIA
This is probably kinda more for Mariology, but how would a Mario Party go if they did invite Bowser (and Koopa Kid)?
They would cheat. A lot.

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:13 AM »
Would they though?  Bowser always plays fair in the sports and Kart titles... Sounds like Bowser falls into the "even evil has standards" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenEvilHasStandards) type of villain.
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »
We been playing the same games? In many of them it seems like no matter who it is, the CPU will be cheating in one way or another. So depending on who you like to use, there is only one honest character in the entire cast and the rest are underhanded dirtbags.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
We been playing the same games? In many of them it seems like no matter who it is, the CPU will be cheating in one way or another. So depending on who you like to use, there is only one honest character in the entire cast and the rest are underhanded dirtbags.

But then by that reasoning, characters like Toad, Mario and Peach should be banned from the parties as well. 

Silly Fan Theory: This is why Nintendo made Wii Party.
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
Boom Boom is something of an Igor to Bowser

Of the "Yes master" variety.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2012, 04:47:59 PM »
What other varieties are there?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2012, 09:46:10 PM »
The Cosmic Clones are the shades of dead Marios and Luigis of the past

They've come back to haunt you (the player) for your past failures and reclaim their proper lives. Or, well, they wish they could. They know they can't so instead they try to drag more Marios and Luigis into their undead legion. And if you die by falling into a pit, they follow you, to taunt you as if to say that your failure is inevitable. They know you. They know your movement patterns and that is how they copy your current Mario perfectly. If you complete the level they stalk you through, they vanish, overcome by regret that they were not that particular Mario.

Mario is not aware of any of this until he dies and his own consciousness carries over to his next life. The 1-Up Mushroom prevents you from becoming dead, but doesn't stop death from becoming you.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:48:09 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
The 1-Up Mushroom prevents you from becoming dead, but doesn't stop death from becoming you.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »
I guess I can't top that one. Ah well. I'll post my next one anyway.

Mario is from Brooklyn, but "Brooklyn" is a place in the Mushroom Kingdom.
This one works even better in accordance with the theory that the Mushroom World is really a PoTA-style future Earth. Brooklyn was one of the few locations that remained over the who-knows-how many years that the Earth took to change. Heck, you could say that the village the stork arrives in at the end of YI is Brooklyn.

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »
Here's a nice map:

You can even buy it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
why would the donut plains courses from smk not be, y'know, in donut plains
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »
The Chocolate Island courses aren't in Chocolate Island either.

Also having the SMRPG worlds off to the side like that results in there being three Yoshi's Islands and two Mushroom Kingdoms.

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »
And two Bowser's Castles.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:54:24 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »
If that's how the Mushroom Kingdom is shaped, why does Mario always bother taking the long way around to Bowser's Castle?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print