Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188865 times)

« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »
Yuck! How repulsive!

Why Yoshi Waits
 When Yoshi stops outside of a Ghost House or Castle, he is likely thinking "Oh I'll just get in the way if I go in there with you"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
I brought Yoshi into a Ghost House using a cheat on Snes9x. His head turned into a Chargin' Chuck.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #287 on: November 15, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
Yoshi owes the ghosts money
He sort of made a few bad decisions, got messed up with the Trersafia, so now he can't be seen in a Ghost House again.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #288 on: November 15, 2012, 05:17:40 PM »
Ghost Houses are surrounded by Munchers in very tight spaces
This is how Mario can meet up with Yoshi after clearing the level, and yet Mario doesn't just take the same path around that Yoshi takes.

At some point between World and NewWii, Munchers got stronger (either a mutation, or Bowser recruiting stronger ones), and Yoshi's shoes are no longer thick enough to repel them. Because of this, Yoshi would not be able to go around the ghost houses anymore. He now has to take more circuitous paths around the worlds to meet up with Mario again, and the only places where Yoshi's path intersects with Mario's are the Yoshi levels in NewWii.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #289 on: November 15, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »
I always took it that when Mario blows up/kicks over the castle, Yoshi can follow 'cause it's gone.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #290 on: November 15, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
Ghost houses, though, not castles.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #291 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »
Whoops
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #292 on: November 15, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »
My take on the matter:

Yoshi can't go in castles and Ghost Houses because Mario doesn't trust the player.
He thinks the player will inevitably lose Yoshi inside the castle/Ghost House so he just leaves him outside and re-saddles after clearing the place out.

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
Or:

Ghost Houses are Purgatory.

Yoshi is too scared to venture in the depths of Purgatory.
Good sir

« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
What about the Sunken Ship? Yoshi could go there..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »
Yoshi came to terms with his fate by then.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »
Yoshis are afraid of going through doors on buildings.

Castles and Ghost Houses have a door right on the front. The Haunted Shipwreck has no front door.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »
Yoshi goes through doors all the time in Mario 64 DS.

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2012, 06:08:42 AM »
What about the Sunken Ship? Yoshi could go there..
That's because ghosts don't mean Purgatory, the actual Ghost Houses are gateways to Purgatory.
Good sir

« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
Yoshi goes through doors all the time in Mario 64 DS.

He's overcome his fear. Or...

Super Mario 64 DS is Yoshi dreaming that he's the hero to rescue Peach

In this dream, Yoshi is able to open doors and conquer many obstacles that would otherwise prove to be a challenge for even Mario. But even in his dream, Mario is the one to defeat Bowser, and rescue the Princess, his subconscious finally coming to terms with the fact that he would likely never be as great a hero as Mario. As time goes on, he must take on the persona of others (via the caps) to even be able to complete the challenges, and finds himself cast aside in more extreme cases to make way for the other heroes to save the day. This comes to a head when even he cannot enter the final Bowser door; that true greatness will forever be beyond his reach. This realisation has a negative effect on the stricken Yoshi, and when he awakes on top of the castle to see Mario with all of the 120 stars (i.e: the original game), he concedes that Mario is the hero (albeit by hiding his insane jealousy), provides him with 100 lives then casts himself from the roof of the castle to his demise.

I need sleep.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print