Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D World  (Read 29562 times)

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2013, 11:44:34 PM »
Are there any throwback levels (like 2-3 and.. I think S1-3 in SM3DL) with 8bit things all over?
I've found the room they showed in one of the trailers with a giant 8-bit Mario, but nothing else yet.  I've only played through the first five worlds, though.  Also, 3D World's ghost-house music is absolutely gorgeous; even better than Ghostly Galaxy's, in my opinion.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »
I already hate Plessie.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
There hasn't been anything yet about this game that I've disliked. I'm particularly fond of the music.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mUMj8jCcI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mUMj8jCcI</a>
Seriously, you can't not love that saxophone.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
I don't have the game yet, but it appears this game is the start of the Wii U's comeback.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 09:25:13 AM »
I like how the best game of the generation so far has a smaller file size (~1.6GB) than some of the day-one patches for PS4 and Xbone games.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2013, 12:59:55 AM »
It's difficult for me to describe the game much beyond the fact it's pretty much pure joy. It reminds me of when I was a kid at a playground and I was just running and climbing on stuff. It gives me that kind of rush.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 01:43:07 AM »
Heh, that's a really great way to put it.

It's just... so fun!
Go Moon!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 01:07:01 AM »
I'm also really glad it's three saves per profile instead of three saves per console like NSMBU.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013, 02:04:24 AM »
I had this sentiment about 3D Land and NSMBU, but 3D World has all the more style and even more substance to back me up: If you don't like this game I think you seriously misunderstand what a video game even is.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:09:56 AM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
It's when you play catch using VHS tapes, right?

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »
Code: [Select]
A:>TENNIS.COM
#### ####
#  # #  #
#  # #  #
#### ####

|
    |
    |
o     |

|
|
|
|
right?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2013, 08:33:11 PM »
Okay, time to start the TMK time trials page!
Coming soon-ish

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »
I'm not looking forward to getting those last five stickers.

Speaking of which, favourite character to play as?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:22:30 PM by Weegee »

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
My friend and I played through most of the game as Peach and Luigi, and so ended up having to clear each level with Mario, Toad, and *COUGHCOUGH*.  Since there were just the two of us and three characters left, this would mean we'd have to play through each stage twice more to completely clear it.  And this didn't sound very appealing.

So instead we turned on another controller, and just had the character neither of us wanted (Mario) sit around in a bubble until the end, where one of us would guide him to the flagpole.  My friend then figured that the easiest way to get Mario onto the flagpole at the end would be to pick him up and toss him.  And this quickly escalated to us trying to carry Mario through each entire level, where we'd toss him into powerups, onto enemies' heads, and carry him through any floating stars.  We treated it as though Mario were dying, and almost completely debilitated, but still wanted to go on one last adventure.  And so we were granting his wish in any way we could, shouting words of encouragement as we went.  "Way to go, Mario!  You killed the boss!"  "Nice one, Mario!  You got the top of the flagpole!"

And it's all the better when he ends up winning in points.
Go Moon!

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »
I refuse to believe you finished the last world that way.

Print