Print

Author Topic: Chicago transforms train line into the 'Luigi line'  (Read 7866 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 10, 2013, 02:15:28 PM »
Chicago Mario fans may want to take the L train on Monday: Nintendo and the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) are teaming up to turn the Brown Line train into the "Luigi Line" train, decked out in Luigi's signature green color, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. as part of Nintendo’s ongoing celebration of the "Year of Luigi". Additionally, Nintendo will have kiosks setup that will allow travelers a chance to play New Super Luigi U, which New Super Mario Bros. U owners can download now and will be released in stores on August 25th as a stand-alone game. Make sure to keep an eye for Luigi, who is scheduled to take the train sometime during the day.

If you end up taking a journey on this train, please make sure to post some photos and your impressions of New Super Luigi U in the Fungi Forums!

Source: RedEye Chicago
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:28:01 AM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 11:33:28 PM »
The last time I was in Chicago, Nintendo had a train decked out in Professor Layton ads.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:29:54 AM »
The last time I was in Chicago, Nintendo had a train decked out in Professor Layton ads.

I am getting reports from people that went that they actually didn't find anything done :-( it was early morning so I am hoping Luigi was just delayed due to a few koop troopas in the tunnel
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:28:07 PM »
They did it, but it was just one train.

Photos courtesy of Nintendo's Krysta Yang.

Update: Official press release just went out with more pictures.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:30:17 PM by MEGAߥTE »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/367012426119528448

"It's hard to have a bad time when you're riding the 'L'"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »
Who is that character in the second picture on the left side of the door? It doesn't look like a Toad or princess..

In response to BP's post: What the L !
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 09:27:34 PM »
Toad in a Squirrel suit.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:30:57 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »
Ah. I sadly don't have a Wii U, so I haven't kept up with NSMBU or NSLU as much..

Thanks Weegee.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 03:29:01 AM »
They did it, but it was just one train.

Photos courtesy of Nintendo's Krysta Yang.

Update: Official press release just went out with more pictures.

At this moment, I have never felt less important.

Print