Print

Author Topic: NES blinking screen(click here please)  (Read 7847 times)

« on: September 09, 2002, 08:02:43 PM »
Sometimes I go to a friends house and play Nintendo, but when I plug in a game it doesnt work and the screen blinks green and black.
That doesnt happen with my NES, it works perfectly.
How does the NES's of everyone in TMK work?

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 09:03:21 PM »
Mine works fine, thanks to the fact that I bought a cleaning kit. They're real cheap, and real simple. It keeps my fragile NES hardware running smooth.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 02:42:47 PM »
How on earth did A CLEANING KIT work!? I had to go in and FIX the cartridge loader(the cause of all game<>NES connection problems i.e. the blinking screen)to get mine working again.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2002, 05:05:37 PM »
That's quite common.  Being in a small town sucks, cause we don't even have a vg store!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 06:09:34 PM »
Umm, hey, well, let's see...
I put the contact cleaner scraper thingy in there and pulled it out and put it back in a few times... Then I poured a little cleaning solution on my little cartridge contact cleaner... then I rubbed it all around on all my cart contacts... and it works fine for a long time, then I need to clean it again, I say about once every few months.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2002, 07:13:09 PM »
Where the HecK do you get a NES cleaning kit??????????

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2002, 10:37:31 PM »
Game stores. Funcoland, Babbage's (I'm not sure there, I've never checked), Game X Change (if you have one there), stores like that. I got mine for like $4.95.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/10/2002 9:38:23 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2002, 03:28:52 PM »
Theres a game store I know of called Game X perts, not Game X change.

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
And there's a store here called Game X Change. Don't try to argue. I believe you, you should believe me.

That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2002, 09:40:19 PM »
You dont even need an NES cleaning kit to clean an NES! I use a GBA cleaning kit and it works fine.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2002, 12:11:51 AM »
I actually have a Universal cleaning kit, so it cleans my NES, GBA, N64, and GCN.

That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2002, 03:55:59 PM »
Oooouuummmm... the fabled cleaning kit. I remember the item. That one thing seemed to me to be a graham cracker. I bit it.

-------
Maxima: Amazons had no men around for centuries. How did you handle that?
Wonder Woman: All I''ll say is... we don''t call it "Paradise Island" for nothing.

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2002, 05:37:05 PM »
...or you could just jiggle the cart around. move it from side to side, a little bit higher, little bit lower. it may take a while to get it working if the nes sucks ass, but it should work. if not, you just plain suck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2002, 06:28:03 PM »
So you are saying my friends suck, my cousins suck, my uncle and aunt sucks, and my neighbors suck?

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2002, 07:27:15 PM »
smb allstars master, you need to be quiet. However, once or twice before I got my kit, I was able to move the cart into an exact position every time I played and it would work... most of the time.
Hmm... I've never bitten anything because I thought it was a graham cracker... except a graham cracker, that is....
That was a joke.

Print