Print

Author Topic: "Rock TV" VS "Un-Reality TV"  (Read 1709 times)

« on: October 24, 2002, 02:05:29 PM »
I'm a big Nintendo fan, and I've been recording every episode of the new "Kirby: Right Back At Ya!" TV series. In one episode ("Un-Reality TV"), though, I noticed that the premise of the episode seemed lifted from the "Super Mario World" cartoon episode "Rock TV". If you don't believe me, read my summaries for both of them.

"Rock TV"
After remembering what television did on Earth, Bowser invents Koopasonic Rock TV for the cave-people. It is so popular that even Mario and Luigi buy one. Peach doesn't watch it, since she's taking Yoshi on a nature walk. What nobody knows, though, is that Magikoopas are hiding in the TV sets, hypnotizing the viewers. The "Koopa Sez" exercise program hypnotizes the cave-people into capturing Mario and Luigi for "All-Star Prehistoric Wrestling" with very heavy competition - the Tyranosaurous Twins. Peach and Yoshi come in to save the Bros. by finding a Cape Feather for Mario in the stadium structure. Yoshi then eats the remains of the stadium, causing the structure to crash down on Bowser.

"Un-Reality TV"
King Dedede gives out free televisions to everyone in Cappy Town, then begins broadcasting his own station, Channel DDD. The channel is so popular even Kirby and Meta Knight watch it. Tiff thinks it's stupid, and knows the King is up to something. She's right, because the channel later airs a special report about a giant slug out to destroy Cappy Town because Kirby lives there. But there is NO slug outside, as Tiff and Meta Knight find out. What they do find out is that King Dedede is using the report to brainwash everyone (except them) into making Kirby go away. Meta Knight provides a distraction for the guards, and Kirby, Tiff, and Tuff discover that the town on TV is a large diorama, the slug is Escargoon in a costume, and King Dedede is faking this. Kirby sucks up everything in the studio and exposes Dedede's plot on national TV.

There, see what I mean? Watch both cartoons and you'll really see the similarities!

Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 10:35:45 PM »
What about Smash TV? Oh, wait... that's not a cartoon episode...

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Print