Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Memories :)  (Read 7863 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2002, 10:14:57 PM »
Hmm. I completely forgot about SFA. Playing through that whole game was the biggest game experience. And finally saving Krystal... and the ending... man, that's a great ending. It's the greatest ending for a game that I've ever seen. SMS's ending is in the top 5. But SFA's ending tops them all.

Yeah, it`s me, that gremlin that does stuff while you`re not looking. Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2002, 10:42:45 PM »
Exactly the problem with the Mario Party games, they're definitely more chance than skill, especially with those GOD-AWFUL CHANCE SPACES(I almost ALWAYS end up losing something when me OR anyone else does it)

Edited by - CashCrazed on 10/31/2002 8:43:20 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2002, 01:10:49 AM »
Yeah, except that's spelled "gawdawful".
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2002, 08:09:48 PM »
No, it's only spelled like that if you have reservations against pseudo-swearing.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2002, 08:25:17 PM »
Pseudo-swearing? Holy shiii.......ingle!

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #7:

"Darkness comes over the land,
The Night grabs us with its cold, sticky hand.
We beg the Night to let us go,
But it grabs us tighter, saying, `No.`
Then it stabs us in the head.
Because of Daylight Saving Time, we now are dead."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2002, 11:34:59 PM »
No, actually, that IS the proper spelling of the word.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2002, 12:54:17 PM »
I remember a lot.  My aunt had an NES with SMB and SMB3.  I rented an NES every year for my birthday, and one time I got it for stopping nail-chewing for a month.  The point is, I always rented SMB3 and it was my favourite game.  I also adored SMB, but not as much.  I watched the TV series alot and I loved Mario, and wished I had an NES.  One time my bro rented SMB2 and said "It's pretty different".  When he started playing it, I'm like "Wow, it's not the same" but I still loved it.  When he approached the first beanstalk, there was a glitch and it was a wierd green chain-thing.  He shouted "Where's my beanstalk!?".  This was great, and one faithful year, I actually got an NES for christmas with a lot of games.  I remember throwing a tantrum when my mom refused to let me play when I had "Mario3itis".  But, Mario has always been there for me!

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2002, 04:53:13 PM »
My first experience with Nintendo was when I was very young. I was visiting my grandparents in NC. Once a week or so we would go see my aunt and cusions. My cousions were alot older than me. So I was at theyre house and on the floor in front of the tv was an odd grey plastic box. My aunt saw my intrest in this wierd little thing and called my cousions to show me how to use the Ninendo. They came in and got a cardboard box with about a dozen NES games. The took one plugged it in and a very cool song hit my ears. Of course it was none other than SMB! I played the Nintendo alot but it was usually a few minutes on each game. The games titles stick with me today Super Mario Bros. Duck Hunt, Bump n Jump, Jakal these are the ones I played most. Even though I have only really gotten into video games this year that experience is one of my top ten most awsome life moments. Only thing is that song is STILL STUCK IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2002, 11:10:25 PM »
It's still stuck in EVERYBODY's head. :-)
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2002, 01:36:05 PM »
I will always remember beating SMB for the first time. I have had an NES scince I was about 3 I finally beat it when I was 15

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2002, 11:13:31 PM »
MAN, I can't ever beat it...
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2002, 07:03:09 PM »
Yeah, I never got any farther than World 8 in SMB. Although I still have my old NES and SMB, maybe I should try...I still have SMB3, never beat that either. I wonder if my mom ever beat SMB, she used to play it a lot...It'd be kind of sad if my mom were better at video games than me. ^_^

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2002, 07:38:03 PM »
Hmmmm... nowadays, I can beat SMB without warping... and last time Mario died exactly twice. Once on 5-4 (God, I hate 5-4) and once on 8-2 (God, I hate 8-2 more).

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2002, 09:03:12 PM »
I beat Mega Man 3 today. First time on the real NES. Before, I always seemed to have to use save states... So, like, new memory.
At my birthday party a few years ago, a girl (who shall remain nameless for her safety... hmm...)  beat SMB with 2 lives... and at one point, she almost died, then someone else said "Oh, that was SO lucky..." and she replied, "No, that wasn't luck, that was skill." So, whenever she made it out of a tight squeeze there was "Whaddya call that?" and then she says, "It was pure skill!" and so on and so on... It was funnier if you were really there.
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2002, 10:13:40 PM »
He he good times, i think i was about 4 when my brother got a nintendo (which i still have =)) with hardcore oldschool mario (SMB1).  We played it for hours, but it wasnt much fun since we thought that the up button made him jump and since there is a goomba, first thing...we never made it far.
Like the moon over
the day, My genius and brawn
are lost on these fools.
~a Haiku

Print