Print

Author Topic: The GameCube Gameboy player!  (Read 2090 times)

« on: March 11, 2003, 09:51:29 PM »
At http://nintendo.jp look at the right  side of the page. There is something called the Gameboy Player the connects to the bottom of the GameCube. And earlier on today I was thinking to myself "Is there gonna be a Super Gameboy for GCN that plays GBA games?" And my question was answered! w00t

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 10:00:31 PM »
Yeah, while you were absent, there has been some discussion on that.
You can find info on it at NOA's site, too.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 10:32:33 AM »
The GameCube Game Boy Player is basically an updated version of the Super Game Boy. It is a small platform that connects to the bottom of the GameCube via the high-speed serial port. Game Boy games plug into the unit and are displayed on your television in a sleek new menu screen. You can use your Game Boy Advance to play the games via the GBA/GC link cable, or you can use a GameCube controller to play the Game Boy games... Pretty neat isn't it!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 05:43:58 PM »
I'm looking forward to this nearly as much as I'm looking forward to The Windwaker. However Nintendo needs to start putting out more good titles for the GBA and enough with the remakes already! I can hit the pawn shop and pick them all up for a fraction of waht you want for a remake!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2003, 11:13:07 PM »
I bet I can get them at the thrift store cheaper than you can get them at the pawn shop.

Anyway, I already have all the old Mario games, but I like having them in a portable form.

I think the Game Boy Player will be awesome, and I just need to get a few of the good platformers for GBA that I don't already have, like Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man Zero and Metroid Fusion...

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

Print