Print

Author Topic: Mario is older than Luigi?  (Read 8731 times)

« on: February 27, 2004, 05:57:43 PM »
According to many Mario games Mario is older than Luigi. Yet in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island the stork is flying Mario and Luigi at the same time. Apparently Nintendo screwed up somewhere. Or is there something I missed?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 06:05:48 PM »
One theory is that Mario and Luigi are twins, that would explain why the stork in Yoshi's Island carried both Mario and Luigi at the same time.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 06:13:18 PM »
They are twins, but Mario was born first, which makes him slightly older than Luigi.

Those who do nothing to die are doomed to a lengthend life. Or are they?... (*shifts eyes suspiciously*)
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 06:47:13 PM »
It says in SMW2:YI that they're twins.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 10:18:24 PM »
Yeah, Mario and Luigi are twins. But Mario was born first. Which makes him slightly older.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 10:37:32 PM »
Well, I think that about covers it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 11:14:13 PM »
Didn't I explain this stuff before!?

I think I did!

Spam, spam, spam! Nothing but spam!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 12:34:26 AM »
I disagree with the entire twin theory. Nintendo must've missed this in SMW 2:YI because Mario was introduced in 1981(Donkey Kong) and Luigi was introduced in 1983.(Mario Bros.)
Deezer was here.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 01:34:05 AM »
Just because they appeared in different games doesn't mean that they are not twins. It's not the order of the games that they appeared in, it's the age the games show them to be, and I am posotive that the SMW2:YI thing was intentional.

Those who do nothing to die are doomed to a lengthend life. Or are they?... (*shifts eyes suspiciously*)

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 10:50:48 AM »
Yes, but wouldn't the Mario storyline be so much easier to understand if it never existed?

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds. I strongly recommend you disgard this immedietl-BOOM!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 11:48:15 AM »
Let me put the Donkey Kong and Mario Bros thing in perspective.

Let's say you have a twin brother. You go off and do something without him. Are you still twins?

-------------------------------------------------------------
A Powerful Quote from Family Guy:

Peter: Brian, come quick! There s a message in my alphabets! It says "Oooooooooooooooo"
Brian: ...Peter... Those are Cherrios.

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 07:40:18 AM »
That makes sense. Here's a question. Who raised Mario and Luigi? Yoshi?

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 12:01:13 PM »
1. Mario and Luigi's parents.
2. It wouldn't matter who raised them anyway, because they'd still be twins.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 12:21:44 PM »
Ugh, this makes Wario's head hurt! Wario thinks Nintendo goofed up somewhere.

It''s-a me, Wario. And I''''ve come to take a bite out of Mario''s fame!!!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2004, 04:12:19 PM »
There was no goof up. There is no possible valid debate against it, Mario and Luigi are twins, I'm 100% sure.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2004, 06:22:47 PM »
Ok ok,

Mario and Luigi are in fact twins and like many stated, Mario was born first so he is slightly older. Twins don't necessarily have to be born at the exact same time or look the same.

And remember, Mr. Miyamoto stated he doesn't want to ruin the series by getting tangled in timelines and plots.

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2004, 06:44:36 PM »
Who were Mario and Luigi's parents?

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2004, 08:59:50 PM »
Two people who lived in a mushroom-shaped house. I think Frostbite said that there were houses like it in Pompey, Italy.
We never really see their parents. It would be interesting to write about though...

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 03:52:16 AM »
I bet that Mario and Luigi's parents had relations with King Toadstool...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2004, 05:41:20 PM »
You mean the same king toadstool from the Mario comics?

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 02:22:21 AM »
Err...
No, not necessary...

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2004, 10:53:58 AM »
Well, yeah, twins can be born at different times- my best friend has a twin brother who is older than him by one minute, and that does make him older than my friend. Just one millisecond would make you older, you were born first no matter what, weren't you?

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Print