Print

Author Topic: recover from Pokéflu  (Read 4958 times)

« on: April 21, 2004, 05:57:49 PM »
Does anybody know of a way to recover from the Poké Flu?
I used to not like Pokémon, but got a Christmas present related to Pokémon, caught the Pokéflu, but now it's fading away, and I would like to see more progress...
I already started the (slow) recovery a few weeks ago when I stopped watching the show...
I am trying to get anti-pokemon doctrine by visiting the appropriate sites...

-Making your way in the world today DOES take everything you''ve got!-
-Sometimes we want to be where we can see, our troubles are all the same...-

Edited by - marioseeker on 4/21/2004 5:08:46 PM

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 06:33:09 PM »
Just tell yourself this over and over:
Pokémon is dying...It's about to end...

Then whack yourself on the head several times, wash your face with freezing water and ice cubes, and keep a careful log of when, where, and how you encounter anything Pokémon.  Then see your psychologist once every 2 months for the next year, and your problem will be solved.

(Note: I take no responsibility for any damage caused by the above method.  Use it at your own risk.)

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.

Edited by - ¥tterbiJúm on 4/21/2004 5:34:00 PM
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 07:31:25 PM »
Just do other stuff until Pokemon isn't so important to you.  Playing once in a while isn't bad, though.

A day without sunshine is like night.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 08:45:50 PM »
You do realize that the Pokeflu really exists. It's something that randomly, and rarely happens to one of your Pokemon when their stats temporarily go totally out of whack. Some will go up a lot, some down a lot. I think it eventually stops after a while of gameplay.

As for you liking Pokemon, that's nothing to be ashamed of. The first step is always denial...

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 09:44:48 AM »
I agree with Meowrik. You seem to be ashamed of liking something just because it's not popular. If you like it, than don't say "oh, I'm gonna try to dislike it because it's not popular". I still like Pokemon (not the show though), even though I don't play the games anymore (I still like 'em, but now they're to redundant- so basically when I say I like Pokemon, I mean the creatures/idea in general).

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 12:43:46 PM »
I will cringe away from any cure for the Pokeflu. I LOVE POKEMON!

--------------------
I''m Sonya! Sonya the hedgehog! I''m Sonic''s lesser known sister and I''m the keeper of the Plasma Emerald!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 02:26:22 PM »
Actually, my mistake. The thing in the game is called the "Pokerus."

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 11:05:42 PM »
Did this popomon localize it's self on the eastern 4/5th of the country? The first time I ever heard of it was in a thread in storyboards, which gave me the impulse to watch the show, which made no sense, and not in a good way, in fact, it really quite sucked. I see not why it's popularity has existed so.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
Well, yes it was VERY popular. Don't know why. I think the Japanese put some mind-control rays into the games or something...
I liked it and still like it simply because I like RPGs.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 01:57:42 PM »
Pokemon sucks

Am I the only one who didn't like those games?

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 02:52:37 PM »
probably not...

Actually, I'm waiting for the new Fire Red and Leaf Green games.

____
What in the Wario is going on here?
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 03:12:19 PM »
I remember the first time I saw an ad for Pokemon. It was in a magazine with the group picture of some of the creatures. And to think, I said to myself, "Pokemon? That'll never catch on."

"''E-I-E-I-O'' is a gross misspelling of the word ''farm''."- George Carlin
This is a secret coded message.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2004, 06:35:07 PM »
Todd, you hate everything besides Hockey.

Heh, there was a guy on the cartoon named Todd. He was also the main character in Pokemon Snap.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2004, 06:55:16 PM »
10 things more important than Hockey:

1.Video Games
2.Hamburgers
3.Soda
3.The Internet
4.TV
5.Your home
6.Life
7.Music
8.Family
9.Clothes
10.Theme Parks

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon
Deezer was here.

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2004, 03:32:38 PM »
Let's not go off topic, y'all

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

Print