Print

Author Topic: Weird Video Game Cheats  (Read 3412 times)

« on: April 24, 2004, 04:42:04 PM »
I was recently looking for how to get to the roof of the castle in SM64 (since I had forgotten) when I saw a cheat for Pokémon Red/Blue.  Here it is:

PokeGOdS::
CAREFULY openup your Pokemon red/Blue game take out the SILVER disk you will have acsess to all Pokegods Pikablú, Mew, etc
--Submitted by TAbloi/)

Notice what a wonderful speller this person was.  I highly doubt this will work, and if you try it, it will likely mess up your game.

If you have ever seen any cheats this weird before, please post them here.  I would like to see more of these.

P.S.  Please, no "Luigi in SM64 cheats."  There are way too many of those floating around out there.

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 05:20:49 PM »
Pikablú?  That was the rumored name for Maril when the original red and blue versions were out.  Whoever put that kind of phoney code probably just wants to cause misery for someone else.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 06:19:28 PM »
Those things OVERRAN the internet about a year after Pokemon came out.
It's pretty easy to tell a fake cheat for any videogame.
As a rule, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

As for getting up on the roof, there's a canon that opens up outside the castle when you get all 120 stars.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 10:41:44 PM »
When I said I was looking for a way to get to the roof, I meant without 120 stars.  I'll leave the link where I found it.

The Best Glitch Site Ever Created

There ya go.  Have fun :D

Bozone, n.:

The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 12:33:15 AM »
Ah yes, fond memories of MissingNo and M from Pokemon Red, way back in 4th Grade.

That site you found rocks, Ytterbium.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 09:13:56 AM »
I've seen many places about this fake cheat in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow. It made me laugh when I first saw it:
Evolving Lickitung into Luigi:
It involves using a GameShark to capture Lickitungs in the wild, using an "Ultra Ball"
Keep Lickitung in your active Pokémon list and position yourself exactly where Snorlax was blocking the bridge east of Vermillion City. Next -- and this is the crucial part - turn your Game Boy upside down. If the cartridge is not inverted, this trick won't work.
With your Game Boy upside down, use a Rare Candy on Lickitung. If you're standing in the correct position on the bridge, Lickitung will evolve into Luigi. If the evolution doesn't take place, shake your Game Boy up and down (not left and right) and try again.

"Now go home and eat some vegetables!  Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 02:15:25 PM »
Haha, "turn your Game Boy upside down," that was good :D

Here's one I saw a long time ago for playing Peach, not Luigi, in SM64.

Peach in SM64:

Beat the game with 119 stars.  Then get the last star and beat the game without saving.  When you restart your game, you should only have 118 stars, but the cannon outside should be open.  Launch yourself to the roof, talk to Yoshi, get the 100 lives and the fancy triple jump, and backflip from there to the lake.  Now here's the hard part.  Carefully lift the left side of your cartridge a little bit until the music changes to the DK64 theme.  Then put the cartridge back in and save.  Restart the game again, but while the screen is on Mario's face, take out the SM64 cartridge and put in the DK64 cartridge.  Turn the power off and on again.  (Note: Don't press the reset button because that won't work.)  You should be playing DK64 with Mario.  Beat the game with Mario, then quit and start up SM64 again.  There should now be a giant star outside the castle.  Get the star and you should be transported into a black room with Peach in it.  You can't do anything with her, but if you walk out the door on your right, you will emerge from the castle doors outside as Peach!

This person was a much better speller than that other person with the Pokemon Red code.

The reason I remembered all that is that I actually printed it out and tried it.  It didn't work, of course, and fortunately, it didn't harm my games, either.  Keep in mind, this was back when the N64 was still young enough that not many people had beaten SM64 with all 120 stars.

Bozone, n.:

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 02:42:07 PM »
I think the biggest signal of a fake code is referencing things that didn't exist yet at the time, like the DK64 theme or Maril.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

n/a

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 05:54:18 PM »
That's the awesomest cheat site ever.

- ¿Ñ/å¬ -

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 10:59:47 PM »
This is where I found this rediculous cheat.  This cheat is for Paper Mario.

this is the best cheat ever! how to get a monty mole as a party member! First go to toad town then buy a thunder rage go to dry dry outpost and buy dusty hammer go to a monty mole AND GET FIRST STRIKE NO MATTER WHAT! kill the monty mole with ONLY the dusty hammer and the thunder rage the mole will say OUCH! and say "please don't hurt me anymore "then he will join your party he can dig and find itens under-ground he can use rock throw and dig they both can do up to 30 damage is'nt that cool? find more from cheepo 2000

Someone's got too much free time on their hands...

Bozone, n.:

Edited by - ¥tterbiJúm on 4/27/2004 10:00:29 PM

Print