Print

Author Topic: NDS vs. PSP debate  (Read 10849 times)

« on: November 13, 2004, 03:27:22 PM »
I thought it would be fun to debate which hand-held will be the best.
Rules:
1. No insulting other peoples' statements
2. You must post reasons that support your statements
3. The debate will follow a flip-flop format. One person says why the DS is the best system, then someone else will say why the PSP is better and so on.
4. Someone who thinks the DS is the best hand-held will start out the debate.

Have fun!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 04:09:28 PM »
The DS is the best system because it is made by Nintendo and has a touch screen.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 12:46:15 AM »
Well, the NDS has less graphical capabilities, but it has a touch screen and mic built in, it uses flash carts which willprobably be able to store around 128-256mb or so of data.  The PSP uses 1.5gb discs for data, and memmory sticks to save things etc.  Because if the power requirements for the PSP,you will get 2.5 - 4 hours on the PSP's battery before you need to rechard.  The NDS has a 6 - 10 hour battery life.  Game wise, Nintendo has quite a few interesting games lined up that should push the use of the NDS to its potential, while the PSP will have more big titles like Metal Gear Solid.  Though, with the extra stuff added to the PSP it could really mess with its capabilities, so overall it looks like the NDS will be more capable of being enjoyable, the games looking to have a lot of replay value and based on just being fun, rather than the PSP being a sister to the PS2 and PS1 game wise, and after a few plays of the games you could easily get bored of them.  Also, many of the PSP games look as if multiplayer may just be thrown in to aid in the sells.  The NDS is being built around being able to interconenct with other NDS systems, so playing with friends will be even more entertaining than on the PSP
~There is no spoon, only sporks and oddly shaped cutlery~

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 11:05:32 AM »
Do you really expect to find that many people on these boards that will be able to say PSP is better than NDS and have good reasoning behind it?

Nothing but a Conservippie.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 12:06:24 PM »
No actually but I was hoping that there might be a few people who thought that the PSP will be better.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 06:08:11 PM »
I think the PSP will be better for scraping gum off my shoes.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 08:39:12 PM »
I can't wait to buy the PSP!  As soon as I get it, I'll install in my robot and then it will finally be complete!  Did I mention it was a girl robot?  Nyahahaha!

More brainless thoughts: The DS has two screens so if the two handhelds had a fight the DS would win by using it's top screen to chomp it into pieces.

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, a rechargeable battery, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 05:32:15 AM »
I don't believe that there is a 'Nintendo DS VS. PlayStation Portable'...

The Nintendo DS has not have any REAL competitors!!

You know what I think should this debate should be about?

Next GameBoy VS. PlayStation Portable!

Before any of you know it Nintendo will announce the next GameBoy generation console!!

And you will be going, 'Oh my gosh! That GameBoy (insert next-title here) has a much better resolution than that mini-PlayStation-what'shama-call-it!!!'

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Evilness for Nintendo!!

GWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 04:14:19 PM »
Just to be fair about this, I think the PSP will have some very nice features.  I don't remember what they were but you can find out a ton of information on these two new portables by going to www.howstuffworks.com.  They'll tell you everything you need to know about them and much more! (and no this isn't advertising so don't chew me out)  And speaking of the NDS...

COUNTDOWN TO DS: 004 DAY(S) REMAINING!!  WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, a rechargeable battery, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 07:35:11 PM »
Well, this debate appears to be completly one sided so far...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 08:05:48 PM »
I'll take that as a post for the PSP.

The DS is better because it has Super Mario 64 DS and will have the NEW Super Mario Bros.

About the PSP a recent mag said, "Some of the games look like butt."  That's better than a game about poking butt.

Edited by - Luigison on 11/17/2004 6:17:52 PM

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 08:35:41 AM »
Boon-ga!  If poking people in the rear became popular in Japan then I would never go there even if for E3! *covers rear*

COUNTDOWN TO DS: 002 DAY(S) REMAINING!!!  I CAN FEEL IT COMING!  IT'S SO CLOSE IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 10:55:51 PM »
E3 is in Los Angeles.

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 08:04:50 PM »
So? What's your point? ;)

I mean... I wouldn't go there even if I won a free vacation.

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 06:55:31 PM »
Have you seen some of the sites out there that actualy support the PSP? I found one that Tried to make them both seem equal and the paragraph supporting the PSP sounded a lot like this:

"The PSP has a bigger screen. It also has more power.  It can have better graphics.  It is closer to the power of the PSP.  It can have better graphics.  It has more 3rd party support (I think this is a lie).
finally, It can handle better graphics." See a pattern anywhere?

The PSP is to the DS as the N-Gage is to the GBA.

Edited by - SuperSonic_Yoshi on 11/25/2004 4:57:11 PM

Print