Print

Author Topic: WarioWare: Touched! released in USA  (Read 3864 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 14, 2005, 04:17:15 PM »
WarioWare: Touched! finally touches store shelves across North America today. Touched is the third installment of the WarioWare series and the first for the Nintendo DS.

Edited by - Deezer on 2/14/2005 2:17:27 PM

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 05:05:48 PM »
What's it about? I wish I had a DS...

HI, everyone!! Long time, no see!

____
In Ethiopia, people die from being to thin, in my country, people die from being to fat!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 07:32:37 PM »
Have you went on to the warioware site it has some cool games.

cjb
cjb

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 11:23:34 PM »
Buying on Wednesday. Had to win $1.50 from a roommate by guessing a singer (it was Aretha Franklin) to make up the total $34.99. GameSpot is selling it for $39.99 here!

Go Hastings.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 08:25:56 PM »
NOA Press release

WARIOWARE: TOUCHED! PUTS MORE THAN 180 GAMES IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND

This is the Nintendo DS Game that Fans are Waiting For

REDMOND, Wash., Feb. 15, 2005 – WarioWare™: Touched! is the Nintendo DS™ game you've been waiting for; 9-Volt, Kat, Ana, Dr. Crygor, Jimmy, Mona and, of course, Wario™ are back. Wario may not always be nice, but he knows how to have a good time. WarioWare: Touched! provides hours of dual-screen fun, as players zip through more than 180 mini-games.

"WarioWare: Touched! showcases the unique touch-screen abilities of Nintendo DS," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Players will spend hours mastering the highly addictive five-second games and collecting special souvenirs."

WarioWare: Touched! builds on the success of the wildly popular WarioWare series. But this version offers completely new ways to play. Most mini games will have players tapping, dragging or rubbing the touch screen, while others require them to blow into the built-in microphone. Half the fun is figuring out exactly what each mini game requires the player to do.

A mini game might call for a player to use the touch screen to spin a roll of toilet paper, strike a match or chop vegetables. Others ask them to blow into the microphone to tickle someone's ear or to cool a cup of coffee. The further a player progresses, the faster and more frantic the games get. Top players will collect a variety of souvenirs, such as a playable piano, a pet chameleon and a pingpong game.

Nintendo has sold more than 2.8 million Nintendo DS systems worldwide. By the end of March, 6 million units will have shipped worldwide. WarioWare: Touched!, Rated E for Everyone, is available now.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 02:37:12 PM »
I made a review for WarioWare: Touched.

Wario's first game for the Nintendo DS is the true sequel to the WarioWare game for the Game Boy Advance. This time you'll use the touch screen and microphone to play instead of the buttons, but there is a souvenir that uses the buttons. There are over 180 microgames and many of them are  really funny such as rolling a roll of toilet paper, waving good-bye and pulling out hairs with the stylus. You can earn souvenirs for the toy room. They will appear in the game room in Orbulon's Oinker when you meet certian requirements. The microphone is used Mike's microgames and can be used for some of 9-Volt and Wario-Man's games. All of the souvenirs have no time limit, but if you fail to stay standing in certian souvenirs which are mini-games, well that is game over of course. The process you earn microgames is the same way as the Game Boy Advance version did it. The album is where the microgames you played are located so you can play them anytime as long as you played them in the game room. Each microgame gets harder and faster as you play them. You can watch a charcter's epilouge movie in the options room. You can also change your hand that you play with and erase your data, but I don't know why you would want to do that. On a one to ten scale I give it a ten because this game is really fun to play and makes you laugh.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Print