Print

Author Topic: Namco reveals Mario Kart Arcade GP  (Read 7871 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 17, 2005, 11:27:52 PM »
Namco revealed Mario Kart Arcade GP today at the AOU Amusement Expo 2005 in Japan. Gpara.com reports that the game will use a rewritable card for saving information from six worlds of 24 total courses. GAME Watch has a picture of the cabinet and what looks like a playable Pac-Man character! Hopefully, unanswered questions like "Will the game reach North America?" and "How can they call it Mario Kart if Pac-Man is included?" won't remain unanswered for long. Mario Kart Arcade GP is currently scheduled for a Fall 2005 release in Japan.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 11:33:58 PM »
As I said in the chatroom, nifty.  But I didn't notice Pac-Man.  Now those questions are really starting to go through my head.  And just before I go to bed too.  Dang.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 11:38:08 PM »
awesomes. now i have even more ways to waste quarters!
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 09:02:45 AM »
That's pretty coo, I'd have to say.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 10:22:48 AM »

The official flyer shows 11 characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, DK, Yoshi, Bowser, Toad, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and a ghost from Pac-Man.  It also shows tons of new items including Bongo Drums.  Somebody with kanji knowledge help me out, does it say there are 100 items?!  There are 6 cups listed: Mario, DK, Wario, Pac-Man, Bowser, and Rainbow.  I have a feeling this camera technology might either play into a new peripheral for GC (a la Stage Debut) or something to do with Revolution.  There are already rumors about Eye-Toy 2 being built into PS3.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 12:06:45 PM »
I can't make out what the two more complicated characters are, but I think it says that there are more than 100 items.

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 12:30:17 PM »
More screens!

And it takes your picture, which is then used as your avatar.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »
O_O First Pac-Man vs. and now this? What does it all mean? Is it like an affiliaite of Nintendo? Namco?

It is spelled Em, ey, es, tee, eee, ar, MARIO!!!!!
TMK fan since three years ago!

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 03:53:20 PM »
Maybe it's because Pac-Man is the best game designer of all time's favorite game design not by him.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 04:27:02 PM »
It looks like a Mario Kart game...then you look towards the end and they just seem out of place...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »
Blinky looks fine, but the Pacs don't.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 12:41:57 AM »
That's how the Pacs have looked for all of this generation.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 12:47:04 AM »
That looks sweet, hopefully it reaches the U.S. soon. It looks similar to Double Dash!! which is pretty cool. 24 tracks and 100 items? dang! I think they're using a lot of old artwork to represent the characters, which is why Chup says the Pacs look bad.

Dang Jackie, I don''t want to kiss a short, pale and poor girl.
-Michael Kelso, That 70''s show_
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 05:12:19 PM »
What on earth would 100 items do?! That's crazy! Rediculous! But I like it! As for Pac-Man... Err, okay. Huh.

"What? A half-gallon already?"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 05:21:38 PM »
Now I have something to play when I go to the arcade!  Whenever that will be.  Still, it looks cool and hopefully will be cool, especially if it comes to North America.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print